Soap: Vintage Imperial Leather
A/S: TOBS Bay Rum

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
Razor: Rockwell 6C (#5)
Blade: Feather (2)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum block, Barrister and Mann Seville aftershave

Second shave with the Rockwell 5 plate and feather blade. Verdict - very close shaves (DFS+ with two passes), but possibly overkill for a multi pass shave. Might be ideal though for the ultra efficient 1.5 pass shaves I usually aim for Monday to Friday. Will know by tomorrow.....
Of course this could all be very different with something other than a Feather. 🤔

@@Holiday FYI

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Face Fat Grapefruit Lavender & Bergamot shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (9)
Post-shave: Pitralon Swiss aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

Tried a sample of the Face Fat soap given to me by @stillshunter recently. The Grapefruit Lavender & Bergamot is probably not my first choice in scents but is not unpleasant. It is a vegan soap with ingredients listed as -

Coconut Oil, Water, Stearic Acid (plant derived), Castor Oil, Glycerin, (plant derived), Sodium Lactate, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Soy Protein, Bentonite Clay, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Mango Butter, Almond Oil, Shea Oil, Hemp Oil, Avocado Oil.

Interestingly @mark123abc0 (yes, a third Mark!) had a sample of the Iced Slice at the Meet Up yesterday - not a fan of THAT scent!

Quite impressed on first use - even took a lather shot because I know that Stillsy loves them ...

Soap: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
Blade: Feather (2)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum block, Barrister and Mann Seville aftershave

Second shave with the Rockwell 5 plate and feather blade. Verdict - very close shaves (DFS+ with two passes), but possibly overkill for a multi pass shave. Might be ideal though for the ultra efficient 1.5 pass shaves I usually aim for Monday to Friday. Will know by tomorrow.....
Of course this could all be very different with something other than a Feather. 🤔

@@Holiday FYI

I found the Astra Green blades paired with the Rockwell 6S gave me comfortable shaves.

Barrister & March/Labour Day SOTD....

IPhdBS6.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger....
Soap: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood....
Post: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood Aftershave, Caron Pour Un Homme EDT....

Fine Marvel w/Polsilver
Semogue 1800 boar
Speick soap
Gaia ASB

Holy crap this is an awesome razor!
I hardly ever see it mentioned anywhere and it's definitely underrated!

It's as if two of my favorite razors (Progress and Karve) had a child and that child is the Fine Marvel!

The blade bend is quite step like the progress. The huge guard bars are an extreme version of the Karve and serve the same purpose.

It literally feels like it's just wiping the lather away and then you notice all the stubble is gone too!

20190311-083125-01.jpg

Date: 11 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

20 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

Pre: Hot towel, Proraso Green
Razor: RAW RS-10,Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Fine Snake Bite
Excellent refreshing shave, two passes for a DFS+. Liking the Festive scent. :cool:

Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (9)

Tried a sample of the Face Fat soap given to me by @stillshunter recently. The Grapefruit Lavender & Bergamot is probably not my first choice in scents but is not unpleasant. It is a vegan soap with ingredients listed as -

Coconut Oil, Water, Stearic Acid (plant derived), Castor Oil, Glycerin, (plant derived), Sodium Lactate, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Soy Protein, Bentonite Clay, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Mango Butter, Almond Oil, Shea Oil, Hemp Oil, Avocado Oil.

Interestingly @mark123abc0 (yes, a third Mark!) had a sample of the Iced Slice at the Meet Up yesterday - not a fan of THAT scent!

Quite impressed on first use - even took a lather shot because I know that Stillsy loves them ...

I've got amazing lather quite a few times from Face fat (I have Jaffa scent), I mean try stellar, but It have never delivered to me even a random shave. I think my skin is a bit picky for some compounds? Maybe there is something in some scents that have some specific citrus compounds around?
I have no full record of, or do any serious check, but for example from the Late Wolfpack, Italian Orchard raised some issues on my post shave feeling, aftershave deployment, but not Ice Pack. Being the same soap base I reckon, that bring to me the idea of some reactions to certain oils?

Soap: Barristers Reserve Classic
Blade: Feather (3)

Another close shave, but at the expense of a few weepers. Will take more care tomorrow, but all signs are that Feather + Rockwell plate 5 is too harsh for me

Fine Marvel w/Polsilver
Semogue 1800 boar
Speick soap
Gaia ASB

Holy crap this is an awesome razor!
I hardly ever see it mentioned anywhere and it's definitely underrated!

It's as if two of my favorite razors (Progress and Karve) had a child and that child is the Fine Marvel!

The blade bend is quite step like the progress. The huge guard bars are an extreme version of the Karve and serve the same purpose.

It literally feels like it's just wiping the lather away and then you notice all the stubble is gone too!

20190311-083125-01.jpg
You're right never hear much about the Marvel razor. Looks rather flat sided, does this prevent it from reaching certain areas like under nose etc?
R1c9RAb.jpg

GD Preshave
Paradigm SE
Kai Captain Mild
Wolf Whiskers Beehive
Declaration Grooming B6
GD Veritas V2​
Oh lovely kit so clean, did you even use them? :giggle:
Smelling great also.

You're right never hear much about the Marvel razor. Looks rather flat sided, does this prevent it from reaching certain areas like under nose etc?

Oh lovely kit so clean, did you even use them? :giggle:
Smelling great also.

The flat edge provides a very, very comfortable able so even with a 0.95mm gap, you don't feel the blade.
A very slight change in the angle of attack allows full reach under the nose.

I'm so pleased with the razor. The Karve is just a tad better shave and I love the brass but the marvel is just wonderful and a cheaper alternative for a travel razor than the Karve or Rockwell.

Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (10)

Still impressed with the Face Fat soap given to me by @stillshunter recently. Does this mean you don't need tallow in a soap?

Status
Not open for further replies.