Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
KarveD w/Polsilver
Omega boar
Soap smooth - frankincense & myrrh
Gaia ASB

I absolutely adore this soap!
It's very easy to work with and smells divine!!

Having wonderful results using the boar brushes!

20190316-084937-01.jpg

Date: 16 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 49 Boar 27/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell R4 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

15 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (5)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge aftershave splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

Sorry, no pic - great shave though

HGTPdkOl.jpg

🍀Supreme St Patty’s day shave! 🍀

For the first time ever, I felt like I would be able to use the R6 plate on the Rockwell. Up til now I’d only used as high as 5, but with 2 full days growth I felt it was time to put my skills to the test.

Result: nailed it! Super smooth with probably less irritation than the lower plates. Didn’t chase the BBS but my result was fantastic. Very efficient shave with a brand new Nacet.

Enjoy the day and go Dan Ricciardo in the race today! 🏎

Simple Saturday SOTD – a sharp blade, a nice brush and a super cream

Many of the reviews I have done over the time since I started wet shaving have been of high end soaps and creams. That’s just the way it tends to be – I mean why not show off your best right? A lot of us forget that out there in the wet shaving wild there are dozens if not hundreds of everyday soaps and creams that are priced from less than a dollar to the mid twenties and all points in between. One such soap I used today – Musgo Real.

Recently-Updated12.jpg

Now Musgo Real is, in my opinion, worthy of a place in everyone’s shave chit. Mugso Real is a light very pale green cream soap from Portugal – you can find it HERE.

The fragrance is what I can only describe as manly, barbershop, masculine and just nice. Soapy – yes. The fragrance notes on their website simply says “Woody and Oriental” but to me it is much more complex than that – yes those notes are there and can be detected but that is behind the soapy smell – the soapy smell of a laundry day with your Mum, the scent of a freshly dried cotton bed sheet that has been washed by that same Mum and then dried in the glowing sunlight of a summers day – y’getting it?

From the website:

“Musgo Real was first launched in the 1930s, and it remains a classic, found in Portuguese houses over several generations.

The brand retains its masculine aesthetic, while the products, offered in four different fragrances, have kept their rich formula.

Each of its lines are blended with lanolin, glycerin, shea butter and walnut oil to ensure a moisturizing, yet close shave. The range includes soaps, shaving cream or soap, aftershave, pre-shave oil and colognes.”

Luxury masculine aesthetic products with vintage inspiration!!

The rest of my stuff for today was:

• Merkur Futur
  • Feather Blade on shave #1
  • Van Yulay black resin bowl
  • Future Chubby Prototype in black with a 28mm silver tip badger
Musgo Performance

I squeezed out a teaspoon full of the cream into my bowl. The badger knot had been soaking for ten minutes whilst I showered so I started lathering up. Take a look at the results – click on a photo for a closer look! This is after less than 2 minutes twirling…

I completed a three pass with plenty of lather to spare.I cut my nose, just I was feeling smug the Feather cut me. Styptic.

What can I say, if you don’t have Musgo then you NEED to buy some. My tube has a darker green colour and the current tube colour is a lighter shade but it is the same great soap.

And for those that like photos – here are the rest of the photos from today’s shave

Barrister & March SOTD....

like blades, worth is subjective but for me after just one dance the answer is absolutely....

:LOL: I was reading this and the ... created anticipation of 'yes' or 'no' so I was going 'com'on, tell me'. Of course you meant 'absolutely worth it'. We seem to be working up to some Wolfman mania with Wolfman discussion lately but a lot of posts suggest unobtainium either through expense or wait times. I aspire to owning one one day but am prepared to wait. I like your qualifier of 'worth is subjective'.

Barrister & March SOTD....

WWkJMXM.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB....
Blade: Gillette Rubie....
Brush: Wild West Brushwork ‘Mantle’....
Soap: B&M Reserve Cool....
Post: B&M Reserve Cool Aftershave, AP Reserve Florian EDT....

Second dance with the Wolfman WR1 on Grand Prix Day in Melbourne and it was as expected - graceful, smooth, fluid, dainty, gentle, supple....

IMAG0390.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: iKon 102 + OSS handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Soap: Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee

A super fantastic DFS with the beasty slant. Shaved super smooth and really enjoyed the extra weight of the head + longer handle. Very efficient as the blade left me nursing a few weepers... Happy Saint Paddy's Day!!!

KarveD w/Polsilver
TVB/Zenith boar
Washpool lanolin soap
Gaia ASB

Another boar I had hiding away so I gave it a run today. It's a nice knot but I like the splay of the omega and semogue better. The lather was still outstanding though!

This blade just doesn't quit!!
I'm pretty sure I've crossed a dozen uses and it still feels better than most blades that are brand new!!

20190317-091152-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.