Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
The time has come, a new year means a new SOTD thread!

As I mentioned last year, there is no set format, although, in case this helps, personally I include:

Pre-shave: if applicable
Brush:
Soap/Cream:
Razor:
(setting in parenthesis if adjustable)
Blade: (shave in brackets)
Post-shave:
Fragrance:
(EDT, EDC or EDP) if applicable

If the 333 pages of the Shave of the Day Thread - 2017 were not impressive enough last year in the Shave of the Day Thread 2018 we hit 357 pages - one per day!

Photos, of any quality, are encouraged but not essential. We don't host images directly on the forum. You will need to host on sites like Flickr or Imgur and use them to generate a BBCode link, see instructions for Flickr and Imgur respectively. Alternatively you can use services like TinyPic, use 'IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards' or Postimage, use 'Hotlink for forums' to generate links.

In all cases it is helpful to resize images with the last two sites recommending 640 x 480 for forums - max 800 x 600 to help our mobile users

Thoughts and reflections on the shave are most welcome too, as are general comments du jour.

Happy shaving guys

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Thater boar brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Browns' (8)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger after shave lotion
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Why not start the year with some classic unobtanium!

Happy New Year all - I trust that 2019 will be a good one for you, your family and loved ones.

Last edited:
SsTPMIK.jpg

SOTD for the 1st of January 2019

Cedric Christ Custom Old School 1830s
Strop Martin Rubin 4601 New York
Muhle Fibre Silvertip
SV Tundra Artica
SV Tundra Artica Balm
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme Edp

The time has come, a new year means a new SOTD thread!

As I mentioned last year, there is no set format, although, in case this helps, personally I include:

Pre-shave: if applicable
Brush:
Soap/Cream:
Razor:
(setting in parenthesis if adjustable)
Blade: (shave in brackets)
Post-shave:
Fragrance:
(EDT, EDC or EDP) if applicable

If the 333 pages of the Shave of the Day Thread - 2017 were not impressive enough last year in the Shave of the Day Thread 2018 we hit 357 pages - one per day!

Photos, of any quality, are encouraged but not essential. We don't host images directly on the forum. You will need to host on sites like Flickr or Imgur and use them to generate a BBCode link, see instructions for Flickr and Imgur respectively. Alternatively you can use services like TinyPic, use 'IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards' or Postimage, use 'Hotlink for forums' to generate links.

In all cases it is helpful to resize images with the last two sites recommending 640 x 480 for forums - max 800 x 600 to help our mobile users

Thoughts and reflections on the shave are most welcome too, as are general comments du jour.

Happy shaving guys

357!!!

Man I would love to spread sheet that thread and pull some P&C shaving stats out of it

Date: 01 January 2019 ... Happy New Year Everybody ...

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bay Rum
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette British Tech attached to iKon Bulldog / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

giphy.gif

The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Squadron Dispatch Rider
Merkur 37c slant
Vintage Persona Super Stainless
Omega Alum stick
Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba
Beautiful shave to start the year. Really enjoying trying out an assortment of Vintage blades thanks to @eggbert. I'm now a fan of the Gilette Spoiler, and today's first shave with the Personna was very enjoyable.

Best wishes to everyone for 2019

Last edited:
BQFkj6n.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mike's Bay
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Perfect shave with some stellar Mike's lather to start the new year.

I hope you all have a fantastic 2019 (y)

Great shave tonight with a blade honed on a different combo of stones. So crisp and so sharp/smooth.
Single pass and DFS. Guardians of the Galaxy playing in the background - mostly my era when I was but a wee kitten. Maybe a touch older :)
Hot towel treatment for a couple of minutes.
Japanese 6/8" square point
Commercial soap [imported] meh?
Brush - now here is a pleasant surprise. I got a brush for a "very" good price from @nsavage and tonight I may have found its sweet spot. as the feel and lather production was very good.. I have to say there was never anything wrong with the brush. I simply had to learn its character. I will leave it in my meager rotation and appreciate the character it brings to the shave.
Finished with a smear of Almond oil.

Steve

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere
A wonderful new years day shave with this kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.