Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)

Lovely first shave with Squadrons 'The Warden'. Proper barbershop style scent with great glide and protection; impressive post shave feel too. 👍🏾

Date:- 13 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Ash Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Jamestown Gentleman Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #4
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

The sausage is up for sale. My left forearm is forever tainted, it’s been 35hrs now and it’s still there. Normal showering doesn’t work. I’m going to shave the hairs off next and after that the arm may have to come off.
There’s a German saying that I forget, it means something like ‘There’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing’. Who needs sun anyway with all those ladies walking about wearing next to nothing distracting me...
Glad you’re liking them, with the exception of Alexandria, they are probably my oud-less favourites.

Some of the musk's will last 400 to 600 hours on blotter, or 4 or 5 wash cycles. Strong as all get out that stuff.

The Xerjoff's are a real treat, some very rare material there indeed.

ng1q2H0l.jpg

Soap: Pb No:35
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: BIC (3)
AS: PAA Sangre De Drago
Very nice shave with the Piccolo but not as smooth as I hoped the BIC would be and too much clean up required to get to BBS. I think I'll try a Nacet in this razor next.
No:35 performed well producing a very rich creamy lather. I'm looking forward to trying this with a straight tomorrow.

brush: yaqi synth
soap: paa no9
splash: paa no9
razor: mergress
so for the final razor from the box i chose to use the mergress for the last couple of days.this is how an adjustable should be for the most part. its a solid feeling razor in the hand and shaves very nicely very close and efficient and with just enough blade feel to keep you on your toes. infact i never went above the 4 setting and settling on about 3 and a bit. the only down side is it does feel a bit unbalanced being tail heavy and my biggest quibble being the handle.its slippery and getting a consistent grip is difficult because it slides around so much. im guessing the progress base razor with the plastic knob while looking tacky would balance better.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter Texaus LE shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (6)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter Texaus LE aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

Seriously good kit this!

Date:- 14 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Cherry Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Jamestown Gentleman Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #10
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

jzcws2n.jpg

Travelling through JPN for the next week, spring has sprung the Sakura are at the tail end of their blossom, so thought Florian would do the trick. Great shave this morning.
Personna Platinum
72 Black Beauty
Yaqi sagrada familia Synth
APR Florian soap/splash
Versace Pour Homme EDT

DIY pre shave oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
Yaqi silvertip bulb
SV Stella Alpina
Anherb balm

What a superb shave!
The SV soaps really rock! My favorite brand of shaving soap (along with MWF).
All their scents are wonderful and so easy to work with.

The Yaqi mysterious space handle is my favorite for the space design and ergonomics.
I have 5 of them with different knots. This is my new bulb silvertip, I have the same but with a fan silvertip.

20190414-090931-01.jpg

APRil SOTM
IMAG0424.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR bamboo handle
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: APR Velours Noir LE
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleanser bar

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Blade: Gillette Nacet (6)
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR bamboo handle
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: APR Velours Noir LE
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleanser bar

My last 2 shaves with the Velours Noir = very nice... Definetly a more harsh shave today but still managed a DFS. Big thumbs up for the balm :) Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

Hi All! Its was 2016 since my last post, just checked..... Still over here in Kazakhstan! Still in general running the minimal shave setup.

Home Shave:
Merkur 38 + Milk Churn and CADE soap with Astra blades

At work:
Merkur 38 + Travel brush and Cella with Astra blades

Wow, my Cella separated this last month! I think I froze it then heated it up to much... the strangest thing.

Also when travelling I use my mach 3 as its areophane friendly. Recently I broke the handle tho…... And as its Gillet I am not keen to get another handle..... Toxic Gillet Adverts reason.

Hi All! Its was 2016 since my last post, just checked..... Still over here in Kazakhstan! Still in general running the minimal shave setup.

Home Shave:

At work:

Wow, my Cella separated this last month! I think I froze it then heated it up to much... the strangest thing.

Also when travelling I use my mach 3 as its areophane friendly. Recently I broke the handle tho…... And as its Gillet I am not keen to get another handle..... Toxic Gillet Adverts reason.

Welcome back. Always great to see an AWOL member pop right back in there.

Couple of things how or why are you freezing your Cella soap? Also can you enlighten us on the 'milk churn'? Is this a skin food or pre-owned shave benefit?

As for Gillette Toxic Ad culture. I'm not a fan of the adverts and how they delivered them. But the message is clear to me and agree we need to question each other on how we treat others.

Home Shave:

At work:

Hi @Ybbor , have you seen the Leaf razor? Would that be viable alternative to the Mach 3? There’s a thread kicking round the forum at the moment discussing it and a couple of fellas have given positive feedback about it. Or because the blades are removable that precludes it as air travel option?

Status
Not open for further replies.