Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIY pre shave oil
Rockwell 6C@R6 w/Polsilver
Yaqi two band finest
B&M Latha lavanda
Gaia ASB

Rockwell has really proven itself to be a wonderful shaver! Both the 6S and 6C are excellent and my den would never be without them.

The head geometry is my favorite out of any razor I've ever used and now I'm really looking forward to the model T.

20190424-094448-01.jpg

yGixDqI.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Hoffritz Travel Slant
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

The Hoffritz travel slant is one of the smoothest, yet most effective razors I have ever encountered - I really hope, it will be cloned one day with a better material.

As this was the last shave at home for a a couple of weeks, I enjoyed this lovely badger and the fantastic Mikes lather it whipped up even more than usual.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac

Date:- 24 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Palmira Traditional Serbian (3 shaving cube press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #11
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- N/A

@SpeedyPC - I've tried a search and come up donuts...what are your thoughts on the VB Emperor?
I haven’t used mine yet, until my current blades in four different razors in rotation are finished before I start using the Emperor

Review link click here about the Vikings Blade Emperor adjustable

U7uYQcn.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Mikes Lemongrass and Eucalyptus
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Knize Ten

Wonderful three pass shave, and I am BBS :).

gNZyLRT.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue....
Brush: Turn-N-Shave Smoke On The Water....
Soap: The Club Cock Soap Group....
Post: The Club Cock Soap Group Aftershave, Alexandria Fragrances Brasilia Prive EDP....

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Squadron Soap Australians All LE collaboration shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Squadron Soap Australians All LE collaboration aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

First shave since Monday - longest without a shave in quite some time. The Australians All was a no brainer today, a collaboration between two great Aussie Artisans, @todras and @SchoolForAnts, a celebration of mateship in a small market when then could be fierce rivals. No better example for ANZAC Day. Lest We Forget

AkR2rSAl.jpg

Last edited:
gNZyLRT.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue....
Brush: Turn-N-Shave Smoke On The Water....
Soap: The Club Cock Soap Group....
Post: The Club Cock Soap Group Aftershave, Alexandria Fragrances Brasilia Prive EDP....
A few questions and comments mate:
Good to see your soap and splash finally came!
Was your package cut when you received it?
Does the scent stand to attention for a prolonged period of time?
What is the splash performance like?
Would you wear this to work?

This is a label design that even when finished and all wrinkly, you’ll still enjoy it to look at!

A few questions and comments mate:
Good to see your soap and splash finally came!
Was your package cut when you received it?
Does the scent stand to attention for a prolonged period of time?
What is the splash performance like?
Would you wear this to work?

This is a label design that even when finished and all wrinkly, you’ll still enjoy it to look at!

Package was received intact....🤣🤣🤣
Scent does stand to attention indeed - very pineapple forward, floral, citrus....✂️✂️✂️
Any splash or juice in this case from The Club/A&E is good - good legs on it....
Definitely wear it to the office - I like brave/bold scents and I’m not fussed if it offends anyone and not that I have so far....My office has a door and anyone entering has the option of exiting just as quick....🤪🤪🤪

PNdJVDhl.jpg

Pb Calendula/Chamomile MkII
Brush: Epsilon Horse
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (3)
This soap initially lathers into a plasticy emulsion then gradually transforms into a thick glossy cream. Not my favourite lather but still very nice on the face and leaves the face in good condition with no need for post shave treatment. Wish I could say the same for my little finger which I'm not sure what happened but think I caught it on the protruding blade tab and took a decent chunk of skin.

gbMxj0Ll.jpg

Travel SOTD
First time breaking away from the Karve since receiving it and based on this shave alone, prefer the Karve with a D plate.
The Rockwell was with R4 but for some reason, my shaves never feel as nice while travelling. I’d guess it’s the water causing it, the shower pressure was also abysmal!

Date:- 25 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ King of Oud
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #7
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

"Lets we forget" The ANZAC remembrance in Australia and New Zealand "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served".

Status
Not open for further replies.