Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, got any photos of the cat dressed? Our cat’s like that, our daughter gets away with stuff that would have the cat shredding me.
These photos were taken about a month ago. This is our boy 'Talon'.
He is about 7kg here. Down from more than 9kg a year prior. He is the biggest cat around these parts both in weight and length.
Mostly an indoor cat and adores my daughter. He must be about 11 years old now. My daughter is 5.

xeNwOCDl.jpg

tried the 6C handle on the Timeless head to lighten it up and see what i thought.. to me it made no difference to the shave and i much prefer the beefier / heavier handle barberpole handle of the timeless.. nevertheless, a lovely smooth shave :)

Prep: Hot shower + proraso green pre-shave
Brush: Mysterious Space
Soap: Tabac Original
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB with the rockwell handle
Blade: Polsilver (2)

buRbV0O.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Declaration Grooming Colonia Balsamica
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: TOBS Eton College

Focused on minimal pressure, and was rewarded with an excellent shave. Lather was super-slick and pleasantly fragrant - heady rather than sharp citrus notes. The Eton College cologne matched the soap scent very nicely indeed.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch

These photos were taken about a month ago. This is our boy 'Talon'.
He is about 7kg here. Down from more than 9kg a year prior. He is the biggest cat around these parts both in weight and length.
Mostly an indoor cat and adores my daughter. He must be about 11 years old now. My daughter is 5.

xeNwOCDl.jpg
Nice photos.
9kg Cat! Crikey, I wouldn't want a blue with him either.

TA9BjeW.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2/1)
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Great to be back home, use a fantastic badger brush that whipped up some fantastic Mikes lather and have a smooth face again.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
FINE Marvel w/Polsilver
RR Bruce
FINE Green Vetiver
Post shave oil/Sacred Earth splash

Used this brush after a long time and I must say, it's still one of my favorites! It has a huge glue bump, which is normally a negative with synthetic brushes however, the knot is sparse (relative to other synthetic brushes) so the splay is beautiful but doesn't collapse because of that glue bump.

The green vetiver scent is intoxicating! I can see why it's one of Gurlain's most popular scents!

20190515-090957-2.jpg

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY used my Karve razor today with the #C plate. If you're wondering why I'm too hyper writing this, is because I enjoyed the shave very, very much!

Razor: Karve ''Christopher Bradley''
Blade: Derby Extra
Brush: Standard Synthetic Brush
Lather: Soap Commander GRAPEFRUIT Scent

I am for sure looking forward to shaving with my Karve razor a lot more in the future. It gave me a killer awesome flawless ''badass'' shave. It worked very well for me.

No photo today as it was the shittest of shit...

Pre: shower then glycerine soap
Brush: Paladin PK-47
Cream: TOBS Almond
Bowl: Avalon Pottery
Razor: Karve C
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Fragrance: Fulton & Roark Shackleford solid cologne

HkVEn0Yl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Mystic Water - Leather & Smoke
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Puma 226
When I first received the Leather & Smoke sample I thought I'd never want to buy it as the scent was over the top and tainting any other soaps close by. I think it's mellowed a bit and it's much more pleasant to use to the point I may miss it when it's used up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.