Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD-PAA-yaqi.jpg

Yaqi Marble Red Tux 24mm Synthetic
Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice
Perma-Sharp Super Razor Blade (3)
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Open Comb Bakelite Slant Ox Blood
Chatillon Lux Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

It was all about the Slant today. When I first got this razor it bit me a few times and thought there was something wrong with the design. Back out of storage and years on my technique has improved to appreciate a very efficient and fun razor.
BBS nearly in one pass but still required a few touch ups. You'll need a very light hand and slick hydrated soap. Rush and the colour of your lather will match the razor. Have a love hate with PAA razors but this one is very much a keeper.

As I live and breathe, it's a SOTD from Rusty!!!

IMAG0508.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Razor: Maggards V3A + MR1
Soap: Squadron Soaps Group Captains Blend :love:
Pre: Shower
Post: Squadron Soaps Group Captains Blend'splash // Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturiser

PxALS0ih.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Mikes - Barber Shop
Brush: Bernard 30mm
Razor: Henckels 11-V hollowed wedge
AS: Pb Pimento Silk
I thought Bernard was just going to be a novelty I'd use occasionally as I prefer smaller knots but this brush is really enjoyable to use, luxurious and does a fantastic job of lathering. Not as soap thirsty as I thought it might be.
The Henkels 11-V is not one of my favourite straights but I put it on the stones last night and think that the Kampfe Star wedge experience is having some benefits. Very nice shave.

SOTD-1-11-07-19.jpg

SOTD-2-11-07-19.jpg

A wholly good shave, a real beaut brut. Brings me back to the 60's when the original Brut was released, (before the Brut 33 rubbish). Memories, memories.

Pre: Glycerine soap
Bowl: Fine
Razor: Rockwell Model T
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite
Brush: Vie-Long 12705

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend

Brush: moka express
Razor: 6s
Soap: proraso green
Scent: tom ford grey vetiver
No balm today after starting to get a mini breakout.not sure I'm a big fan of the grey vetiver it's just to light and fluffy for me may be a better scent for spring? Does anyone have any suggestions for a rich dark and smoky vetiver scent?

KDXrKBbl.jpg

First time out for the new WWBW creation “Amethyst Water”. Very nice to hold and face lather with.

Karve C with the Polsilver on its 3rd use was effortless but a stupid slip up gave a never ending weeper on my chin. The styptic pencil worked it’s magic though.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS splash
Fragrance: N/A

This is a great set, I would encourage anybody who has not got this, which would be most people as it was not released in Australia, to keep an eye out for. Certainly if there was any available in the -

2019 Tim Keech Memorial auction for the Cancer Council

You would want to grab hold of it, if it was available of course ...

u8mEuD2.jpg

SOTD 11/07/2019

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #16 "Made in England"
Blade: Gillette "Spoiler"
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3
Cream: Truefitt & Hill

Lovely Gillette Aristocrat #16 you have there. New member but clearly way down the wet shaving path including using a Spoiler Blade with it.
Nice work!

not sure I'm a big fan of the grey vetiver it's just to light and fluffy for me may be a better scent for spring? Does anyone have any suggestions for a rich dark and smoky vetiver scent?
Not sure of too many vetiver based scents aimed at a winter season.
Could try the Chatillon Lux Sylva with a light smoke base but still quite floral (lavender & vetiver). Though probably not dark enough.

Edit - found this Fumidus just Scotch and Vetiver.. mmh

Lovely Gillette Aristocrat #16 you have there. New member but clearly way down the wet shaving path including using a Spoiler Blade with it.
Nice work!

Not sure of too many vetiver based scents aimed at a winter season.
Could try the Chatillon Lux Sylva with a light smoke base but still quite floral (lavender & vetiver). Though probably not dark enough.

Edit - found this Fumidus just Scotch and Vetiver.. mmh
Thanks for that. I actually ordered 10ml each of guerlain vetiver and chanel sycamore this morning might search up the fumidis one as well now.although from what I can see sycamore is discontinued so law of averages that's the one I'll love and will cost a bomb IF I find a full bottle.

Drew Dick 7/8 full hollow
Simpsons M6, best
Squadron soap, Sweetheart
Giles Shaving Co. scuttle
I couldn't wait until the weekend, to shave with my new Drew Dick razor and I was not disappointed. I realise that my honing skills have a long way to come, as some of my other straights are dull compared to this bad boy. It's super sharp and gave me a flawless two pass shave. Squadron soaps did not disappoint, but I also used a new brush and it did have that slight animalistic musk, which put a slight dampener on the experience. However, the end result was BBS. Happy days. I could happily not use a DE again after this shave, but they serve a purpose.

Drew Dick 7/8 full hollow
Simpsons M6, best
Squadron soap, Sweetheart
Giles Shaving Co. scuttle
I couldn't wait until the weekend, to shave with my new Drew Dick razor and I was not disappointed. I realise that my honing skills have a long way to come, as some of my other straights are dull compared to this bad boy. It's super sharp and gave me a flawless two pass shave. Squadron soaps did not disappoint, but I also used a new brush and it did have that slight animalistic musk, which put a slight dampener on the experience. However, the end result was BBS. Happy days. I could happily not use a DE again after this shave, but they serve a purpose.
Compared to the tub of soap, it appears you make your lather in a cauldron large enough to boil peking ducks!

Status
Not open for further replies.