Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Head: Head Blade Moto
Face: Timeless Bronze OC
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Bowl: Pereira Unbreakable bowl
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Pereira Shavery Activated Charcoal Soap
Post: APR Bombora splash // Vaseline Intensive Care moisturiser

Easily mowed down a few days growth for a near BBS... Have a great Sunday!

the practise in the US is very common and is entirely lawful being a regular citizen, having served or not. open carry permits are very common, the restrictions around concealed carry are much more stringent in most jurisdictions within the US.
Patchwork of regulations varying from State to State, with local jurisdictions and private property rights making it difficult to know when it's OK to open carry. For open carry while visiting other States the rules permit reciprocal allowances. I'm in Louisiana where a short class and proficiency testing at the range gets a conceal carry permit. You'd never know my mother is packing a hand gun. She shopped and bought a purse with a concealed holster.

In my mind if someone is open carrying, I assume they are off duty LEO or law abiding citizens. Criminals (convicted felons) and those diagnosed schizophrenic aren't allowed possession of fire arms.

EPgad3q.gif

Sapone Di Paolo Arancione SS
Surrey / VDH boar brush
Suribachi bowl, cool water
'59 Gillette Fat Boy, GSB blade
Pinaud Lime Sec AS Cologne

I got the soap in a trade. Had a hard time finding info about it. The small batch maker has rebranded as "Eleven", added tallow, and renamed the scent Sweet Orange. This older version in one note - from the peel to the fruit orange, veggie based, and lathers easily with nice glide and very good residual slickness. It rinses out of gear quickly with no residue.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: APR / Squadron Soap LE Collaboration Australians All Shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: APR / Squadron Soap LE Collaboration Australians All splash
Fragrance: N/A

Shave so nice, I did it twice!

lk0kd8Fl.jpg

So nice to be home, Aussie coffee, home cooked meal, own bed, so nice.

Note: I was not seeking to make any negative assertion about the bloke with the open carry in Starbucks, he actually seemed a nice guy and was very friendly with staff, a regular. This was one reason I felt safe enough to take the, still surreptitious, photo.

Nor was I seeking to start a discussion about US gun laws. After having a couple of days of my social media feeds being filled with milk crate memes and comparisons with the US laws it was just a very in your face reminder of the difference.

How did you like the Carbon Steel blade Bruce?
They were good. Are they a little sharper than the stainless? No arguing with the shave though.(y)(y)
I was surprised how quickly the blade stained. I thought it would have to be left wet for while but it's stained after one shave, not rusted, just marks, so I'm guessing it would be a mess if left it in the razor wet.
That dispenser is handy as well. I might reload it with stainless blades when it's empty.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard

IMG-4749.jpg

They were good. Are they a little sharper than the stainless? No arguing with the shave though.(y)(y)
I was surprised how quickly the blade stained. I thought it would have to be left wet for while but it's stained after one shave, not rusted, just marks, so I'm guessing it would be a mess if left it in the razor wet.
That dispenser is handy as well. I might reload it with stainless blades when it's empty.
They may be a little sharper, definitely smoother on the first shave. But yes, they really do stain/rust quick, you have to dry them and store away from the bathroom. You can see why SS blades took over so quickly, so much easier!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Terror
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Feather(4)

Loving the new seasonal soap from Barrister and Mann - ‘Terror’. Pleasant cooling sensation (apparently from a synthetic menthol substitute) is very welcome in Darwin. This is my first B&M soap with the Excelsior base - very easy to make beautiful slick lather. 👍🏾👍🏾

Last edited:
xhKaepJ.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Martin De Candre Rose
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Nacet - Made in France (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Australian Private Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose

Three pass shave and very much BBS. The MDC Rose soap produced copious amounts of excellent lather. The scent is a natural soft rose - very pleasant, and the performance of the lather was top tier.
My first shave with a vintage French Nacet blade, courtesy of @Nightguard. Very sharp, but quite smooth in use. I did notice some irritation and redness post shave on my chin area, which for me indicates that the blade may be a little aggressive for my skin. Let's see how it goes on the next outing.
The wonderful APR Fougère Bourbon Rose fragrance paired beautifully with the soap scent.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire post shave lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

It was cold this morning - so who does cold best? @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau and the wonderful Spitfire. Classic, classy, ahhhh

wDbfWcNl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.