Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Stirling Blu

Gave the Stirling another go this time with the boar and again it didn’t disappoint. Built it up slowly with a dry brush and got rewarded with a nice slick lather.

48713889992_52bf3282b5_c.jpg

uZhKGCOl.jpg

Soap: Mystic Water Shaving Soap - Cedar & Sage (sample)
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: Supply - plate No: 2
Blade: Schick injector (1)

First shave off the Supply was absolute rubbish.:( Easily takes out worst shave of the month for me. I'm going to ditch the blade and manually load one of my own Personna blades instead of injecting just in case it was a loading issue that blunted the blade. I'm assuming it was a blade issue and not the razor as the shave felt like medium aggression but was extremely inefficient. I was wondering if Plate 2 would be too mild but I think with a sharp blade it would be slightly more efficient than a G Type Schick Injector.
The Supply like the Schick Injectors is very intuitive to use so I had high expectations. The razor is relatively heavy in the hand compared to other injector razors.
I will console myself with another Jnat @bald as honed straight razor shave tomorrow.:)(y)

Pre-shave: Maca Root & Aloe Calming Icy Shaving Gel
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream
Razor: Vintage Gillette 1940s Thin Handled 'Tech' Safety Razor
Blade: 65’ K4 Gillette Spoiler
Post-shave: Maca Root & Aloe Post-Shave Water-Gel For Men

Beautiful smooth shave with vintage Tech/Spoiler and nice slick lather with the mentholated cactus.

0m7gHHw.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4808.jpg

Pre-shave: Maca Root & Aloe Calming Icy Shaving Gel
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream
Razor: Vintage Gillette 1940s Thin Handled 'Tech' Safety Razor
Blade: 65’ K4 Gillette Spoiler
Post-shave: Maca Root & Aloe Post-Shave Water-Gel For Men

Beautiful smooth shave with vintage Tech/Spoiler and nice slick lather with the mentholated cactus.

0m7gHHw.jpg
love the tech mate how does it shave? I have the same one but mint in box the head and handle are still wrapped in cellophane
so I can't use it I got it years ago on the bay
Paul

love the tech mate how does it shave? I have the same one but mint in box the head and handle are still wrapped in cellophane
so I can't use it I got it years ago on the bay
Paul

Hi Paul, very agile and nimble razor that provided a smooth and comfortable shave. I didn't even feel it most of the time. Post shave smoothness as good as the GC 84-P.
The handle is a bit thinner than my other razors but this adds to the agility. Feels like a travel razor that could handle daily shaving for a few years.
Concerned I might over tighten and split the handle like my 1930's Gillette Ball End. Definitely a good performer that will join the rotation along with Slim, GC and Slants.

Hi Paul, very agile and nimble razor that provided a smooth and comfortable shave. I didn't even feel it most of the time. Post shave smoothness as good as the GC 84-P.
The handle is a bit thinner than my other razors but this adds to the agility. Feels like a travel razor that could handle daily shaving for a few years.
Concerned I might over tighten and split the handle like my 1930's Gillette Ball End. Definitely a good performer that will join the rotation along with Slim, GC and Slants.

Jeff is the Progress part of the regular rotation, or has that been banished to storage?

Date:- 11 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Frozen Mojito
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'C' / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall EDC

Oh, so nice, beautiful @todras. I can see why @tim33z is looking for more of the juice, just delightful!

uT4agAdl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall EDC

Oh, so nice, beautiful @todras. I can see why @tim33z is looking for more of the juice, just delightful!

uT4agAdl.jpg
Instead I’m having to settle for Speick in a used Harris tub...

cCbt8PNl.jpg

Still delightful but post shave feel of the soap is below average IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.