Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the P&C Darwin brothers can send you a few packs of Astra SP ;) don’t forget you own them a cold beer 🍺
Normal service restored with the 6S today, after three shaves with the R41. Glad to be back in familiar territory.
I've reached out to @revhed if he has any Astra SP blades to PIF

YU97WjK.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Cream: Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna P74 Med Prep (5)
Scent: Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EdT

This evening's shave was simple as ABC ;).

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua di Sydney shaving soap splash
Fragrance: Aqua di Gio

Cracking good shave. This soap really is good ...

9oJiO98l.jpg

P48DXQzl.jpg
Another fantastic shave with the feather blade- previously known as my nemesis! Took my time, was patient with the blade and watched my angles. No styptic needed.

I read that Ruds has reviewed the upcoming M&M soap containing beef, duck and bear tallow and gave it a 99 score. Was very keen on grabbing one of these, but then someone mentioned that bear fat can and does go rancid more easily than other fats, so think I’ll pass until this is proven otherwise. But it sounds great!

P48DXQzl.jpg
Another fantastic shave with the feather blade- previously known as my nemesis! Took my time, was patient with the blade and watched my angles. No styptic needed.

I read that Ruds has reviewed the upcoming M&M soap containing beef, duck and bear tallow and gave it a 99 score. Was very keen on grabbing one of these, but then someone mentioned that bear fat can and does go rancid more easily than other fats, so think I’ll pass until this is proven otherwise. But it sounds great!
I wonder where they get bear fat from

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Yaqi Synth Pony 26mm
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

Decent shave, results were excellent BBS clean but felt a little rough while shaving. The 6C is usually a smooth razor so putting this one down to the feather in this particular razor. Still no burn but I certainly felt the sting of the splash this time.

Love the brush, holds more lather than the 24mm and the Pony knot is very soft while retaining the backbone. I would place this between the tuxedo and mew brown knot, with the softness of the mew brown and the backbone of the tuxedo.

48871930958_92c9fc801a_c.jpg

Was very keen on grabbing one of these, but then someone mentioned that bear fat can and does go rancid more easily than other fats, so think I’ll pass until this is proven otherwise

The issue is not it going rancid, the issue is that they have not to date disclosed the source, noting that it is not a farmed meat.

Check out here for more info.

Last edited:

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Maggards 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: GSB (4)

First shave today with a synthetic brush (thank you @Holiday). Very pleasantly surprised. Didn’t have the luxurious pampering face feel of a silvertip badger, but the lather quality and ‘availability’ was impressive (the badgers tend to be lather hogs in my experience).

IMG-20191010-162536.jpg

Brush: RR boar
Face: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Astra Blue (5)
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube
Bowl: Pereira's Undestructable shave bowl
Soap: APR Fresca
Post: APR Lavioletta splash // Vaseline Replenishing Mouisteriser

F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C! :love:

Ta1Lugh.jpg

Pre: Cool water shower, Proraso Green Pre Shave Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Menthol
Brush: Muhle Silver Tip Badger
Razor: Razorock "JAWS"
Blade: Feather (5 or 6 can't remember)

Being the type that craves the efficient / aggressive kind of shave and after watching / reading the reviews and feedback I decided to order the Razorock "JAWS" which arrived this week (I know, bit late to the party on this one but that's me). In anticipation of the impending arrival of this razor I went without blade to face for a couple of days. So this evening I paired her up with a Feather that already had a deal of mileage on the clock and went for it. The result was a close smooth 3 pass shave....... SUPERB! Not the cheapest DE razor and, of course, not the most expensive by a very long way but as from now a keeper for sure.

As a footnote, I placed the order with the guys at VSHOD here in Brisbane, this is the second time I have purchased from them and I just have to say that, once again, from order to dispatch to delivery to pre and post sales customer service they really do excel in all departments, well done!

Have a Great Evening!

pLx19Jyl.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 403 Pure Badger
Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: Personna Red (1)
Soap: Mine - V6 (I think? Maybe 7?)
A/S: Nivea Deep Comfort

Very happy with my latest soap. Tallow, Kokum and Shea with no added stearic. Lathered perfectly with an excellent post shave feel. Blade choice was a bad one, the Personna Red or Platinum whatever you want to call them did not perform well in the 3one6. Given it's the fourth blade I've tried in it and the only dud I can't really complain.

First shave today with a synthetic brush (thank you @Holiday). Very pleasantly surprised. Didn’t have the luxurious pampering face feel of a silvertip badger, but the lather quality and ‘availability’ was impressive (the badgers tend to be lather hogs in my experience).
Glad you are enjoying Francis. I am certain it was Mileage Variation because I prefer a smaller knot that splays easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.