Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
7-DCC17-CB-B1-DA-4-E8-D-8-FEE-DDA2-DD6275-DF.jpg

Mmmm. Took a while to get all the parts but this is great.

Had a top shave tonight with a feisty little Russian 6/8", a Spanish blonde Semogue 2000 and a soap that is going to be my constant recipe I make.
Hope everyone is enjoying their shaving as much as I am :)

Steve

Hi Steve, yeah still loving it mate... i expect to see you shaven at the next meet up :)(y)

IMG-20191108-151003.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Yintal 3000s Brass TTO
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
Pre: Warm water + PAA Cube
Soap: APR Coolabah LE

Refreshingly good SOTD! :cool:

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-5046.jpg

zahdpvW.jpg

Shave off between the Tech's this week. They are all good mild shaves with the Astra blade.
The Prismatic was a lot more efficient than I remembered but the New LC was overall winner. Look forward to trying longer handles in the future.
Very happy with performance of Squadron Soap. A soft soap that works well with my technique. A quick load 3-4 swirls and face lather. Both Red Lead and The Warden are delightful scents.
Red Lead: "A manly classic mix of nutmeg, lemon, star anise with middle notes of geranium, cinnamon, musk and tonka bean. Quite simply this is our interpretation of Old Spice, and we think it's pretty damn close."
Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Squadron- Red Lead
Razors: 1930’s New LC, 1940's Tech, Phoenix Prismatic
Blade: Astra SP x 2
Post-shave: Squadron - Red Lead

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (5)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDT

I'm back ....

Great shave to come home to this morning.

72VDL02l.jpg

rsaWMyc.jpg

HUCKLARATiON
ATTR1 + TRiAD
Feather
Dec Icarus
Chatillon Lux Weinstraße

The concept of the contemporary fougère is pushed even further here, the fragrance opens with White grape, Helichrysum & Blackcurrant and it wears particularly well in warm weather. It's a mea culpa from AP Reserve too in relation to the family, my recent release with Noble Otter is a fougère that opens with Blueberry amongst other things. While not as far off the trail as many of the commercial fragrances of this family, we are certainly pushing the boundaries and arguably broadening their scope while retaining the essential elements that define a fougère. Technically we are reaching the point of maximum complexity where the thought of releasing shaving soaps is becoming a major issue - is it really worth losing so much essential nuance by having our perfume in a soap - Shawn has already made the decision not to (There will be no more Declaration releases from Chatillon Lux) and I am starting to seriously consider his line of thinking. Only time will tell for AP Reserve, we are at around 112 individual compounds in our releases, that is a hell of a lot of work that really only works as a perfume and barely as a splash. You may even see a more accessible line of perfumes from AP Reserve - addressing the issue of price through homogenising the artwork and labelling costs that are substantial ...

Last edited:
Gqc7nH4.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2 SS
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

Technically we are reaching the point of maximum complexity where the thought of releasing shaving soaps is becoming a major issue - is it really worth losing so much essential nuance by having our perfume in a soap - Shawn has already made the decision not to (There will be no more Declaration releases from Chatillon Lux) and I am starting to seriously consider his line of thinking. Only time will tell for AP Reserve, we are at around 112 individual compounds in our releases, that is a hell of a lot of work that really only works as a perfume and barely as a splash. You may even see a more accessible line of perfumes from AP Reserve - addressing the issue of price through homogenising the artwork and labelling costs that are substantial ...

Thanks @todras us consumers don't appreciate the effort that goes into developing such complex scents and providing quality products.

Pre: nada
machine: Seyguss extreme
blade: polsilver vintage
brush: tony forsyth "the gosth"
soap: B&M Fougere angelique
balm: Dapper Dragon scale polish scylla

6OtR78J.jpg

first use of the soao ended up with a 7 gram load on the brush... this time it has been odest, and faster results. I kin of like it, It goes well with florian BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.