Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I woke up bright eyed and then looked upon what I had set myself the night before to shave with. I find myself confronted by a Merkur 39c and a feather, my knees start knocking I can't focus on the mirror but I brave up and go at it (after 3 straight bourbons hic, love being retired hic) and you should see the horror show afterwards.

What are you girls on about with slant razors being aggressive lol, I just reached a new level of enlightenment.. or is that smoothness, my wife thinks my face is her teenage butt from eons past. I don't know what she's been smokin but I want some! My face is now smoother than her butt has ever been! I like that new Proraso white, sure is a thick sob lather.

rsEOnmnl.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 406 Pure Bristle
Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: Vintage Polsilver (1)
Soap: Mine V9 - Citronella and Menthol
A/S: Proraso Green Balm

Well I woke up bright eyed and then looked upon what I had set myself the night before to shave with. I find myself confronted by a Merkur 39c and a feather, my knees start knocking I can't focus on the mirror but I brave up and go at it (after 3 straight bourbons hic, love being retired hic) and you should see the horror show afterwards.

What are you girls on about with slant razors being aggressive lol, I just reached a new level of enlightenment.. or is that smoothness, my wife thinks my face is her teenage butt from eons past. I don't know what she's been smokin but I want some! My face is now smoother than her butt has ever been! I like that new Proraso white, sure is a thick sob lather.
I joke about it but I come back a little bit later ok...9 drinks later and thank god for auto spell check lol.....I'm rockin the smoothest I've felt since the brontosaurus (or age 13)

BqHbt1w.jpg

Razor Rock Medico Della Peste (Plague Doctor) not my favorite scent but surprisingly refreshing in 30C and 80% humidity
Brush: Semogue - 1460 Boar
Soap: Razor Rock - Medico Della Peste
Razor: GC- 84P
Blade: GSB (4)
Post-shave: Razor Rock - Medico Della Peste

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lixiviant shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: APR Lixiviant splash
Fragrance: APR Lixiviant EDP

Still sub-Artic conditions here in CBR, 9.3 but feels like 3.4!

Good thing I'm getting my evaporative cooling fixed today ...

CihEgRhl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lixiviant shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: APR Lixiviant splash
Fragrance: APR Lixiviant EDP

Still sub-Artic conditions here in CBR, 9.3 but feels like 3.4!

Good thing I'm getting my evaporative cooling fixed today ...
It's cool over here also in Adel this morn but doesn't feel quite that chilly. Brrrr

GN7EFbEl.jpg

Wolfman WR2
Gillette vintage spoiler
Wild West Brushworks
Murphy and McNeil
Australian Private Reserve

Epic shave with this soap. Bad news, only enough for one more shave 😯

The razor continues to provide comfortable but very close shaves. The proof is that my stubble is much less come 5 or 6 pm. By morning it is enough to shave off again, luckily. I wouldn’t want to be someone who can only shave every other day at most!

Shower
Merkur 1904 clone
Personna Lab blue (4)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Meissner Tremonia "Woody Almond" soap sample
Imperial Leather A/S

Got this sample from the Perth GTG - been very busy so haven't been posting sample reviews in favour of my trusty usual arsenal. Got my act together this morning but still under time pressure and this is an old sample so I'm not presenting this soap in the best light. The scent was more wood than almond - nothing at all like Cella for example. Not really my bag but I'm not into scents in any case - as long as they aren't offensive. The soap base was good - middle of the road really but I have to give it another go with more time and a different method to load more. Seems to have decent strength and thickness - post shave and slickness were "OK". I will report back when I've had another go with more time.

5UpnSIy.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Rhodium Knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

I enjoyed yesterday's shave with the Merkur 39c and that Proraso white soap (or is it cream, it says soap but seems pretty soft to me) so much I just did a rinse 'n repeat of yesterday minus the bourbon lol. have to be very careful but man it's really so nice, I'm a daily kinda guy but this thing would be brilliant for those who only shave a couple times a week. Oh I did sook out and change the blade to a Personna israeli red but it was a 3 x used blade and still did a perfect job, prolly still almost rockin a BBS from yesterday though :giggle: (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.