Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, another shave...I LOVE IT!

Pre: cold water wash & beard oil
Razor: Merkur 39c - man this gives a nice clean smooth shave, only ever need a 2 way shave to get a BBS (y)
Blade: LORD COOL : another new slasher for me, not bad but slightly uncomfortable around my difficult spots on neck and small/slight rashing..not bad though.
Brush: Yaqi space chrome synth Pony - always enjoy this brush, in fact I think I've not had a single Yaqi brush I didn't enjoy yet.
Soap: Proraso RED
Post: Alum for a weeper, witch hazel for the rest, rub of beard/face conditioner and a little pomade for the goatee to hold shape.

viXy7RU.jpg

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson and Culmak
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post-shave: APR Aqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Aqua di Gio EDC

As the sun rises as a blood red ball through the smoke. most of Canberra heads back to work today ...

Lovely combination I will be using this week -

RAqhG4Pl.jpg

Last edited:
HeCC6zCl.jpg

Nice easy shave with the Karve C plate today. I’m sure that the first shave with a fresh GSB blade is the roughest.

The soap broke through this morning with the beginnings of a donut hole! Now to burn through this one and get to the next!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: RAW RS-10 Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
A return to work shave.

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Leaf Razor
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Pb Pimento Silk sample
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Proraso white balm

Not the smoothest of shaves as the blade was somewhat tuggy leaving me with a minor nick on the neck. Positives were certainly the soap as once again it lathered up a treat - plenty of slickness and great post shave feel. I'll be replacing the Nacets with something less harsh for my next shave... Happy shaves!

s80RJpG.jpg

Brush: Wolfpac - Finest Badger 22mm
Soap: Intensa Fresca
Razors: Timeless .068 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade: Polsilver (4)
Post-shave: Intensa Fresca
Wolfpac brush is a complete surprise for eBay $20 brush it performs like a synthetic, dense and spongy, but with better transfer from brush to face and definitely badger.
The soap lathers while loading and smoothest of all badgers to date. Had to double check it was not synthetic or blended badger/synthetic.
Definite bargain (y)

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson and Culmak
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post-shave: APR Aqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Aqua di Gio EDC

It really is a lovely combination I am using this week, the SV 70th is a great soap and this whole combination works together so well -

RAqhG4Pl.jpg

Pre: cold wash and beard oil
Razor: WieShie Nostalgic adjustable (N# 5)
Blade: GPS/Perma Sharp (N#6)
Brush: My pure badger in Jarrah - so much hair lol, I like these dense knots. Holds a good amount of water, splays with ease yet great to paint the fence but yet so soft and a little floppy.
Soap: Razorock Mudder Focker
Post: Witch Hazel with Tea tree and AS: traditional Bay Rum

1xpg6tG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.