Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage shave to finish the week off:

I2 Slim
B&M Reserve Spice
Gillette popular model reknotted with some amazing two band silvertip courtesy of @Srdjan and Rhodium Knots

The hairs on this brush are awesome, so soft, yet stiff enough to whip up an amzing lather from the reserve base. I can't wait to get the P&C Matilda.

Very nice.
Yes, if I didn't have Matilda coming I think I'd be contacting Srdjan now.

SYvOvLnl.jpg

Pre: Jojoba & Neem oil
Soap: Pb Spiced Orange
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Puma 69
AS: Pb Sorro

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Omega - Boar
Soap:- Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber
Razor:- ATT - R
Blade:- Rubie(5)
Aftershave:- Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber

cF0bc6E.jpg

Getting good mileage out of the ATT-R and Rubie with 2 x pass DFS no BBS

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Semogue Owners Club - Limited Edition Boar
Soap:- RazoRock - Medico Della Peste
Razor:- ATT - R
Blade:- Rubie(4)
Aftershave:- RazoRock - Medico Della Peste

AVFqU2y.jpg

Delightful!
That lather looks great! (y)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Yaqi 2-Band Badger
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

First time use of these blades so cant form an opinion, but for me I got a super close shave but the face feels like it too, nothing bad but something there.

lather as usual is super slick and the scent.. yum

Thing is I sort of have had a soso mini run for one reason or another so cant for an opinion yet. Plan to give tomorrow a miss and recover and next day try the same blade in the T95, only issue is........ which soap/scent… :eek:

49948432442_8b6c3d18f8_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (5)
Blade: Vintage UK Wilkinson Sword (7)
Post-shave: Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice way to finish the week with the wonderful GCB from @SchoolForAnts - ahhhhh...

crimxHQl.jpg

6VnRrMhl.jpg

Soap: Barristers Reserve Fern
Brush: Epsilon Horse
Razor: Wunderbar
Blade: English Personna (1)
AS: APR Fougere Trois
First use of the Wunderbar and I'm very happy. Impressive bit of engineering though both Mrs Pbgoose and my daughter wanted to know why it was 'crooked', I think they thought it was broken.:LOL:
Lovely shave, intuitive to use, blade feel - present, but overall a nice combination of smoothness and efficiency to produce a BBS in 3 passes.
The blade feel rang some alarm bells initially and it felt like it had the potential to bite but after one shave I was feeling confident with the Wunderbar. It's efficient enough though to warrant care, I wouldn't put it in auto and wander off day dreaming, but it's also smooth enough to provide confidence WTG, XTG, and ATG.
During the shave the Timeless Bronze OC came to mind as a comparison. I would say the Wunderbar is slightly more efficient but the Timeless is slightly smoother.
The Wunderbar has it's own character. It's not just another razor, it provides a unique shave experience and justifies it's expense through a superb shave and quality build. Looking forward to trying other blades in the Wunderbar.

Phoenix shaving DOC razor
Gillette 7 o'clock green
Omega shaving brush
Lider shaving cream
Lider aftershave

Is Lider a Russian brand?

Pre: How shower
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red Lead
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Using a classic razor and after shave takes me back when I was a lad, pure nostalgia.

Date:- 30 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Bon Vivant
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

Pre-shave: Hot shower/Shampoo
Brush: Omega boar 10065
Soap/Cream: Colonel Conk Bay Rum
Razor: Yintal bronze DE (chopped)
Blade: Personna Platinum (Israeli Red)
Post-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel (Speedy's gumbo)
Fragrance: N/A

Lately I've been pre-occupied with finding the best blade for my Karve, having tried Feather, Kai, Nacet, Polsilver SI and last but not least Personna.
I've found all of them are great in the Karve, maybe not the Feather, but the Personna has been a favourite and I ordered 100 from Amazon.
So today I decided to try the new fave in the old $17 special, the chopped handle Yintal bronze, for laughs. No surprise, the match was made in heaven and
despite a little nick to an old scar in the dying seconds (a recurring theme/problem) I ended up with a DFS. I have a Blackland Blackbird winging it's way to me from Perth as we speak and guess what blade will be going in for the inaugural event! Happy days.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (7)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Bay Rum EDT

I've noticed the cool kids here using Stirling so I'm glad that I've jumped on the bandwagon. Another shout out to the great customer service from @Ozwhisker at Artisan Arcade too - top notch!

Wasn't sure which brush I was going to use this week, after watching Tony last night, see post here for link to video, it just had to be the first P&C Limited Edition brush he made, which was ANOTHER stunner.

U1hclHDl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.