Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
it just had to be the first P&C Limited Edition brush he made, which was ANOTHER stunner.

U1hclHDl.jpg
Where is it? Omitted?

Not much to shave but....

Pre: nothing
machine: timeless 0.95 OC scalloped
blade: wiklinson vintage
brush: Doug Korn Nathan Clarck Envy white
soap: Mike's natural Orange, cedarwood, black pepper
splash: Beaver Woodwrigth Thomas Tew

OdlZTdp.jpg

Just great again. Love the soap!!

Sounds like the no brush family included in the wet shaving family photo.

Poor bastard.
Speedy, we get it. He’s in a hotel and forgot his brush. So he’s flapping a face cloth as a makeshift shaving brush instead. Little does he know how many arses it’s been rubbed over!!!!

mW4NI7Rl.jpg

Pre: Jojoba & Neem oil
Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: 'Damascus'
AS: Pb Sorro
It's been too long between soap batches and I ran out of Tobacco Blue some time back and was missing it, so........... Up early this morning for a cook, then whack it in the fridge, Zoom conference then break the soap back out for a shave. Yeah........I love this sport(y):).
When I was making up the scent last night I spilled a little on my fingers and dyed them blue (Blue Tansy) and for the rest of the night couldn't stop whiffing my fingers. I really must make up the scent in an aftershave.

SOTD 27/05/20
1.jpg

Brush: Proraso (Omega) boar
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Vertice Euromax (2)
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite
Bowl: PAA Travel Scuttle
Pre: Shower

A somewhat uncomfortable shave as the blade was constantly dragging across the skin and if it wasn't for some superior lather from the soap I'd have ended up with irritation and the odd cut. :unsure: The blade worked much better in the 6S...

SOTD 28/05/20

2.jpg

Razor: Italian Barber Game Changer .84P
Blade: Vertice Euromax (3)
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere

A much better shave with this setup as the blade matched well as opposed with the slant but still not as efficient as I normally get when using the GC? Love the performance from the vegan soap but not a fan of the scent as I find it too earthy :( Finished off with some Brut and balm... (y)

SOTD 29/05/20
3.jpg

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Vertice Euromax (4)
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere

This has been the best shave so far this week as I find the blade worked well with the efficiency of the Dart. Not the same smoothness as the Gillette Rubies but comfortable enough that I only managed to nick myself once under the nose. Enjoying the soap/brush/scuttle as it easily makes enough creamy lather for 3 solid passes, not that it was needed with the Dart. Finished up with some TSW balm for a fabulous near BBS... :love:

SOTD 30/05/20
4.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Vertice Euromax (5)
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Post: APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm

Another enjoyable shave with what is quickly becoming a favourite razor. I'm enjoying the shaves the Dart is giving me as it hits the troubled spots better than some of my regular favourites. Can't remember who stated (@Holiday?) but I agree that the thread post could be longer as I'm constantly worried the head will become loose as happened one time. :(

Today's shave was starting to feel a tad harsh so will try another blade next shave. Overall the Euromax has been an OK blade with best results achieved with the heavier Rockwell 6S. Not much to add for the soap and it works a charm and the scent is quite pleasant. Finished off with some serum and balm...(y)

Speedy, we get it. He’s in a hotel and forgot his brush. So he’s flapping a face cloth as a makeshift shaving brush instead. Little does he know how many arses it’s been rubbed over!!!!
Please don’t tell me that @Mark1966 has forgotten the toilet paper again, if, he starts using the face cloth as an emergency hairy arsehole bum wiping.

EGKduZ1.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Citra Royale
Razor: Merkur Futur Gold (2)
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Myrsol F./Extra Aftershave Splash
Scent:Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Finally back home in the big smoke after a gruelling May schedule in the field, thanks to covid. Both remote locations in the desert.
A welcoming and relaxing shave with a BBS finish - good to be home.

EGKduZ1.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Citra Royale
Razor: Merkur Futur Gold (2)
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Myrsol F./Extra Aftershave Splash
Scent:Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Finally back home in the big smoke after a gruelling May schedule in the field, thanks to covid. Both remote locations in the desert.
A welcoming and relaxing shave with a BBS finish - good to be home.

Some nice kit there mate - glad you could 'spoil' yourself when you got home!

I am not proficient enough at straight shaving to be a convert, and over invested in DE's ATM, but I must admit a bad straight shave still beats most DE shaves. The most irritation I get is a slight burn at the base of the neck due to poor technique and it dissipates quickly. Managing a double pass everywhere except upper lip.

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Semogue 1305 Premium Boar 90% Tops - Dyed
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - Bad Mor
Razor:- 1966 Russian "Capital"

K9IRtDf.jpg

Breaking in the 1305 and it is a lovely brush, I guess SWMBO is right and I am just BORing, also took the birthyear straight and puppy bowl for a run. :happy: :happy: :happy:

mW4NI7Rl.jpg

Pre: Jojoba & Neem oil
Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: 'Damascus'
AS: Pb Sorro
It's been too long between soap batches and I ran out of Tobacco Blue some time back and was missing it, so........... Up early this morning for a cook, then whack it in the fridge, Zoom conference then break the soap back out for a shave. Yeah........I love this sport(y):).
When I was making up the scent last night I spilled a little on my fingers and dyed them blue (Blue Tansy) and for the rest of the night couldn't stop whiffing my fingers. I really must make up the scent in an aftershave.
Mind if I ask the formula? I'm a DIY sort of guy. I wouldn't ask one of the artisan makers because thats their livelihood but another enthusiast I'm good. It its a stone cutters secret handed down I won't be offended if you say no. Cheers.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Bay Rum EDT

Second day with this kit - some more thoughts later in the week

U1hclHDl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.