Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi 2-Band Badger
Soap: TSM Fougere

Absolutely loved the performance, but scent…. Mmmmnnnaah!! Don’t think these are scents for me, I don’t hate it, I don’t love it but well see if it grows on me..

49969735601_2c5a9b3827_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (6)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Bay Rum EDT

Loving the slow build and then ...
240px-FEELTHEBERN.svg.png
..., sorry, BURN ...

U1hclHDl.jpg

PlcmfY2l.jpg

Soap: Pb Red Dwarf
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Feather (3)
AS: Barristers Reserve Spice
Woken this morning by a phone call from my son. He went to drive to work this morning and found his car in the neighbours driveway as a result of a collision from which the other mystery driver drove away. 'Sydney Life'? I'm just thankful he wasn't in it.
My nephew and his pregnant wife weren't quite so lucky, but still very fortunate, a couple of weekends ago when driving on the highway north of Dubbo and a P plater turned in front of them resulting in a head on from which everyone walked away!
Counting our blessings!

PlcmfY2l.jpg

Soap: Pb Red Dwarf
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Feather (3)
AS: Barristers Reserve Spice
Woken this morning by a phone call from my son. He went to drive to work this morning and found his car in the neighbours driveway as a result of a collision from which the other mystery driver drove away. 'Sydney Life'? I'm just thankful he wasn't in it.
My nephew and his pregnant wife weren't quite so lucky, but still very fortunate, a couple of weekends ago when driving on the highway north of Dubbo and a P plater turned in front of them resulting in a head on from which everyone walked away!
Counting our blessings!
Glad to read that nobody was injured or worse. I swear with the restrictions slowly lifting more cars are on the roads and hence more accidents, as evident by the 2 I witnessed just this week alone involving 4 vehicles. Please take it easy on the roads people!

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Head: Headblade Moto
Face: Italian Barber Game Changer .84P
Blade: Perma Sharp (5)
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap Bay Rum
Bowl: PAA Travel Scuttle
Pre: Shower
Post: APR Bay City splash // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm // Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum solid cologne

In need of a head shave I decided I would stick to using Mike's and see whether grating the solid puck down would improve the shaving experience as frankly yesterday's shave was a bit of a let down. The new formula soap felt less hard than the original formula so grated easily and I found that I required less water when lathering. Performance wise its still a good soap with nice slickness but I prefer the original formula and the lack of any real scent from the puck/tub or during lathering is a real let down. The opposite can be said for the splash and solid cologne which both smell really nice (slight edge to APR).

Shave wise the blade performed well with the GC as I walked away with a smooth and efficient shave, including a slight nick but that was more down to me chasing BBS than anything else. Looking forward to trying out some new hardware during the long weekend :) Happy shaves!

What is the difference between the 2 Stirling Bay Rum's Mark?

There are two? Didn't know that, pretty sure that there was only one when I searched. Maybe ask @Ozwhisker ?

Such beautiful photography!

1+
Always stunning photos from lu20vt!!
It’s great to see them here, thanks for posting!

Yes, I always hate being the post AFTER @lu20vt in the SOTD

Counting our blessings!

That is pretty ordinary on both counts BUT such a blessing that there were no injuries in both cases.

Glad to read that nobody was injured or worse. I swear with the restrictions slowly lifting more cars are on the roads and hence more accidents, as evident by the 2 I witnessed just this week alone involving 4 vehicles. Please take it easy on the roads people!

Yes, you would also think that people have forgotten how to drive in the weeks at home. Don't just take it easy yourself though - watch out for others!

XDyCJVH_d.jpg

Prep: Shower + bowl of hot water for razor
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Fougere Gothique

Wow, with a hot as hell razor you really have to make sure to put very light pressure on the face when shaving!

[QUOTE="Mark1966, post:

Yes, you would also think that people have forgotten how to drive in the weeks at home. Don't just take it easy yourself though - watch out for others![/QUOTE]

Yes, and I think the roo's are taking advantage of the reduction in COVID-19 restrictions and are on the move. Smacked one at full noise on Monday. Thankfully the work truck has a bull bar and all I had to do was readjust the driving light. Roo......not so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.