Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Nice way to finish the day.

64ukLjml.jpg

Soap: Pb Spiced Orange
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
Vector is awesome!!
This was worth the wait. I loaded the Vector with the most aggressive AC blade as I heard the Vector is quite mild. The efficiency was very satisfying and still very smooth and as others have reported, the razor is very nimble. I did score a couple of weepers so I will try the Kai Captain mild and the Schick P30 blades.
I can't get the Schick P30 to fit into mine, let me know how you get on

Date:- 17 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub) ......... :yuck: :vomit:
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41 with iKon Bulldog / Astra Superior Platinum #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

I don't normally shave every day with the Muhle R41 and I don't know why I'm doing it again, however, my skin still feels super smooth and completely free from irritation, nicks & cuts.

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming / Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword (6)
Post-shave: APR Alfredus Choice splash
Fragrance: APR Alfredus Choice EDP

Not sure if this counts as a full vintage shave yet, but truly a blast from the past.

P4aTVrel.jpg

rpArQPUl.jpg

Soap: Pb The Green Gin
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: Vector
Blade: Schick P30 (1)
It's bloody awesome.:)
So apparently there's a learning curve with the Vector. It feels so mild and yet efficient it's luring me into a false sense of security. Weeperville again w/BBS.:ROFLMAO:
I'll give the Vector a rest tomorrow to grow some skin back.

gPXdO1fl.jpg

I was tossing up on posting to January acquisitions for the new GC 84P or finished products for the Body Shop Macca Root Shave Cream and my final Astra blade...
In the end I decided to settle on a combined post here under SOTD.

Pre - Hot Shower
Razor - GC 84 first use
Blades - Astra (1)
Brush - Sam & Son Silvertip
Cream - Body Shop Macca Root
Post - Sudsy Soapery White Sage & Lime

I must say for my first shave with the GC it fared quite well compared against my daily standard (6S R4). Feels smooth with no burn or weepers so thats nice.

Lastly when finishing the tub. I think I used enough cream that even @tim33z would be proud...

SSSS
w0nHVrD.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar :)
Soap: Stirling - Island Man
Razor: RazoRock Lupo Al
Blade: Personna MedPrep (1)
Post-shave: Stirling - Island Man

The Lupo is my first aluminium razor and too light for my preference. Performed well with the MedPrep, definitely required 3 x passes. A lot of blade exposure and noise compared to the Timeless but minimal gap (.61).
I expect SS model would feel better with a bit more weight. Overall a decent razor in the mild aggressive range.

Island Man aftershave: I may be exaggerating because I haven't had a dram for over 30 years ( 3 x DUI and lost my license :oops:) but this was like splashing the face with a dram of Glenmorangie Citrus & Rum really came through.

IMG-20200118-092642.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Fine Accouterments Lathering Bowl
Soap: APR Lightening Ridge
Post: APR Restoration Peptide Concentrate Serum 15ml Tester A

A very mixed bag SOTD with the Dart & GSB blade. I was hoping for a smooth shave a kin to the Rubie Platinum blade but instead ended up feeling more close to a Nacet with some harshness, irritation on the neck and the odd weeper. Thanks to the creamy lather it may have been worse Still achieved a near BBS but at a cost to comfort...

On a positive note I had an opportunity to try the APR Serum and first impressions are good. The scent is quite pleasant and without having ever tried a serum before it kinda reminds me of my Proraso white balm in consistency with a similarly pleasant scent, chock full of skin goodness. I initially tried one pump but I may require two pumps to maximize face coverage as anything more is just a waste... So far so good :)

Pre: cold shower & beard oil
Razor: Sharpend Industries timber handle EJ DE89 clone
Blade: LORD COOL (#2) better than the first use, still nothing to rave about.
Brush: Synth Muhle silver tip
Soap: Barber Shoppe Ginseng & Black Pepper soap
Post: AP Reserve Restoration trial serum (D-2) Day 2 of trial, still enjoying this and got it through my beard today...it feels nice and soft after it as well.

SFE7ixg.jpg

Date:- 18 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Massacre of the Innocents (Milksteak formula)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41 with iKon Bulldog / Astra Superior Platinum #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Pre: Hot shower. Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.