Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot shower. Bloom water from soap
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG and touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Omega 28mm Boar bristle brush
Soap:- D.R Harris Windsor Shave soap
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade:- Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (4)
Post Shave:- Floris No89 Aftershave / Ted Baker Moisturiser skin restoration.

I have had to take it easy in the last 2 weeks of shaving due to my right hand is out of order. Good news, I can now shave cruise control with my left hand. Rockwell 6s has been an awesome learning tool. I won't be getting rid of this razor, it's a den keeper. The 6s with this razor on 4th use felt the same as the first use. Great combo. This setup demolishes my iron whiskers with no fuss. Very Impressed.
D.R Harris soap gets a two thumbs up from me. Best of the commercial British soap brands that I have used. I heard all the rumours about hard to lather blah blah blah. As this was a new puck, I gave it a quick 2 minute bloom in warm water and soaked the boar brush. Remove the bloom, remove excess water from the brush and went to town. 20 sec brush load up and I was rewarded with an exceptional lather. Super Slick 3 pass no touch BBS. Post shave was really nice, and not drying like some of the other British soaps I have tried.

Brush:- Omega 28mm Boar bristle brush
Soap:- D.R Harris Windsor Shave soap
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade:- Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (4)
Post Shave:- Floris No89 Aftershave / Ted Baker Moisturiser skin restoration.

I have had to take it easy in the last 2 weeks of shaving due to my right hand is out of order. Good news, I can now shave cruise control with my left hand. Rockwell 6s has been an awesome learning tool. I won't be getting rid of this razor, it's a den keeper. The 6s with this razor on 4th use felt the same as the first use. Great combo. This setup demolishes my iron whiskers with no fuss. Very Impressed.
D.R Harris soap gets a two thumbs up from me. Best of the commercial British soap brands that I have used. I heard all the rumours about hard to lather blah blah blah. As this was a new puck, I gave it a quick 2 minute bloom in warm water and soaked the boar brush. Remove the bloom, remove excess water from the brush and went to town. 20 sec brush load up and I was rewarded with an exceptional lather. Super Slick 3 pass no touch BBS. Post shave was really nice, and not drying like some of the other British soaps I have tried.

Welcome to the 6s fan club!

How would you describe the scent of the DR Harris Windsor? I’ve had a puck of Arlington in my rotation for over a year, and I’d say it’s still less than half used. Scent is a very pleasant gentle citrus

Welcome to the 6s fan club!

How would you describe the scent of the DR Harris Windsor? I’ve had a puck of Arlington in my rotation for over a year, and I’d say it’s still less than half used. Scent is a very pleasant gentle citrus

I would say the scent of Windsor is a slightly more peppery and slightly less of a citrus take on Terre d'Hermes. Very similar, you could mix and match both perfectly. It is a very distinguished gentlemanly scent. Scent strength of approx 5-6 once lathered up, so mixing with other scents such as leather or vetiver post shaving should be no issues.

Thursday‌ ‌08.06.20 ‌SOTD‌
kOwbRrX.jpg

Gillette ‘53 Y2 President set
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Frank Shaving 24mm x 50mm Silvertip Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

feAIiz4.jpg

Date:- 06 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Cannabliss Santal .......... :love::love::love:
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

giphy.webp
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Brush:- Thater
Soap:- Stirling - Baker Street
Razor:- CB Brass Karve OC-D
Blade:- Astra(3)
Aftershave:- Stirling - Baker Street
3XxElim.jpg

Reluctantly swapped out the TF Custom to trial Thater

Jeff how was the Thater?

rFnfyc1.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super Badger
Soap: Vintage NOS Creed Epicea
Razor: Gillette Slim Aristocrat
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword French Brown (1)
Scent: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

A most enjoyable shave.

rFnfyc1.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super Badger
Soap: Vintage NOS Creed Epicea
Razor: Gillette Slim Aristocrat
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword French Brown (1)
Scent: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

A most enjoyable shave.

WOW, very classy looking shave there mate - vintage Creed and that brush looks spectacular!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney badger and bristle Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (7)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Slightly older Rooney than @TomG's - but does the job!

End of the paid working week, yippee

IaM00yal.jpg

IMG-20200806-220331.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Lime Green & Swirls 27mm Rhodium
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo 0.85 Aggressive Plate
Blade: Bic Chrome (5)
Soap: APR Skye Fall
Bowl: Mrs @Nico shave bowl (y)
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube mentholated
Post: APR Skye Fall splash // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm
ATG, XTG, WTG = BBS

Brush: TF Customs Malle Burl Chameleon-Holographic Hybrid 30mm Rhodium
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo Mild Plate
Blade: Bic Chrome (3)
Soap: Mikes natural Soap Bay Rum
ATG, XTG, WTG = BBS

Silly me, I was in such a rush that I didn't save a pic which sucks as this mornings pre-work shave was near perfection!!!
Having trialed the Apollo Light I was somewhat hesitant buying the Apollo with flip-able plate as I perceived something a kin the Rockwell 6S but man was I surprised as the head performed as nimble as the Apollo Light with perfect weight and balance when paired with the long handle. I started off with what I had assumed was the Aggressive side and found a good match with the Bic as the shave was smooth during each pass with optimal amount of blade feel. I subsequently rechecked and noticed it was actually the Milder side so I'm looking forward to comparing the difference as I preferred the Aggressive plate on the Apollo Light...? Its too early to say but I think I may have found my RAD killer as this razor ticks all the right boxes for me... :love::love::love:
Not much more I can add as the Rhodium continues to impress and I can't stop admiring the perfection from this brush. You know its a winner when the misses admires the sparkle and changing colours from the chameleon. (y) Soap whipped up a lovely slick lather and finished off with my favourite balm and bay Rum splash... Happy shaves!!!
Funny that you find the balance okay with the heavier baseplate. I also have the Apollo and when I compare it to my other razors, I am not a fan of the heavier head. It is a good shaver though.

Funny that you find the balance okay with the heavier baseplate. I also have the Apollo and when I compare it to my other razors, I am not a fan of the heavier head. It is a good shaver though.
I understand completely as having tried the Apollo Light I was impressed with how nimble the head was and feared the original Apollo would be bulky and heavy like the 6S.

What surprises me is how tight the top cap is in clamping down the blade so I find the flip-able head just as nimble and not too heavy. If I recall from @Errol's review, the original shaved a touch more efficiently on both sides but overall the versions are equally as good and my overall decision came down to convenience, otherwise I'd have just grabbed the Light with aggressive plate as for me its the perfect level of smoothness, closeness and blade feel.

Pre: Hot towel, Bloom water from from soap
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Polsilver
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard for a DFS+

IMG-20200806-220331.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Lime Green & Swirls 27mm Rhodium
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo 0.85 Aggressive Plate
Blade: Bic Chrome (5)
Soap: APR Skye Fall
Post: APR Skye Fall splash // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm
ATG, XTG, WTG = BBS

This is the one soap/splash combos besides Coolabah I wish I could of got my hands on. Enjoy the shave Razor.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.