Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Plissoft knot is not dense, thats why it behaves the way it does. Mine has only been used about two dozen times and is started to thin in the centre.
Maybe I should hand lather some rogaine into it before a shave. :)
I've had my Plissoft for a couple of years, or a bit less, and it's not showing any sign of that thinning you mention. That doesn't make it a great performer, but I'm wondering what kind of a lathering technique you use, ie, whether you smoosh the brush straight into your face/bowl/whatever. I use what might be described as an aggressive painting motion, with a bit of scrub in it, if that makes any sense...

I've had my Plissoft for a couple of years, or a bit less, and it's not showing any sign of that thinning you mention. That doesn't make it a great performer, but I'm wondering what kind of a lathering technique you use, ie, whether you smoosh the brush straight into your face/bowl/whatever. I use what might be described as an aggressive painting motion, with a bit of scrub in it, if that makes any sense...

Face lather Painting, add water Painting, keep adding water and painting till i get the lather gets opaque then splay add water paint until till lather is glossy and non airy. The plisoft is the only synthetic knot I have showing these symptoms so far. My 12 year old cheapy travel synthetic brush looks like the day I bought it and it has been worldly abused.

50339325876_d68d2cb9f9_c.jpg

Maggard 24mm SHD
Karve Brass SB-C
Feather (2)
Barrister and Mann - Lyssa
The @SpeedyPC Afteshave mix

Have a great day!​
That is a very cool label design. B&M artwork always great!

(Not me though, fougères aren't my thing)
I’m sure someone still remember that old TV commercial back in the early 80’s, when Napoleon Bonaparte sprays on some Brut before he jumped into bed, I can see why @Gargravarr isn’t brave enough to splash on some Brut because he’s not a Fougere type of guy ;).... You poor bastard!

Face lather Painting, add water Painting, keep adding water and painting till i get the lather gets opaque then splay add water paint until till lather is glossy and non airy. The plisoft is the only synthetic knot I have showing these symptoms so far. My 12 year old cheapy travel synthetic brush looks like the day I bought it and it has been worldly abused.
Fair enough. Mine is unlikely ever to get to that condition, because I no longer use it. I'm considering offering it to Mrs Gargravarr to use as a paintbrush for washes to prime her paintings.

IMG-20200914-213636.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (6)
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
ATG, XTG, WTG = DFS

Another enjoyable shave but not as smooth so time to change the blade... Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech 2018 Memorial Auction shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (3)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech 2018 Memorial Auction splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice shave!

VnCzxTPl.jpg

I admit I go a bit hard when loading and prefer bowl lathering but also face lather when lazy. My plissoft knots are some of my earliest brushes so have seen plenty of action and the tuxedo knots aren't showing the same wear yet. I make sure to rinse out any excess lather, towel dry and hang them upside down.

Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge // Morris & Fordran Horn // Wolfman WR2 1.05 // Czech & SpeakeOxford & Cambridge Splash
Lavenders are very much my thing, so I spent a while looking at the Great Lavender Shave-Off reviews at (ahem) badger and blade where C&S O&C is mentioned as having a very mild scent. How do you feel about the O&C?

Status
Not open for further replies.