Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
pKaJa1Nl.jpg

Another first today, A&E Spartacus.
It’s a nice smelling soap for sure, but doesn’t make me want to go grab a bottle of Aventus, though never smelled the real thing anyway. Performance was very good. Easy to add enough water and make some mess, slickness was very good, though not the same level of the Zingari Man from yesterday. Post shave was what I’d expect from 98% of soaps on the market currently.

Being the first time I’d used a Kai blade in the Wolfman, I wasn’t sure how many shaves I’d reach. Answer is 3, for me anyway. Don’t normally go beyond 3 anyway, but today I knew it was dulling on me. Astra went 5 or maybe 6 last week and I only replaced it because I wanted to give the Kai a run.

Finished up with some good ol’ Florian for a well deserved public holiday!

F7drKf0.jpg

Stuck with the vintage birthday set for the week.
The reknotted Klenzo from @Substance is the softest badger in the den. Vintage Old Spice lathers up a treat. Not much lingering scent or post shave feel compared to Artisan soaps but Squadron aftershave fixed that.
Lather shot after 3 passes with face lathering (y)(y)
Bowl: Old Spice Mug
Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Vintage Klenzo
Soap: Vintage Old Spice
Razor/Blade: 66’ L1 Slim / 65’ K4 Spoiler
Post-shave: Assorted Aftershaves

Interesting - do tell!
Nothing special (no vintage NOS bargains). I am waiting on the AP Reserve Escentials 'Restoration' serum, to use with the Vintage Old Spice and P.160 without Aftershave but in the meantime have been pairing with Squadron Scramble, Red Lead, Warden. Will probably splash out on B&M Reserve Spice aftershave for future pairing with Old Spice soap.

Nothing special (no vintage NOS bargains). I am waiting on the AP Reserve Escentials 'Restoration' serum, to use with the Vintage Old Spice and P.160 without Aftershave but in the meantime have been pairing with Squadron Scramble, Red Lead, Warden. Will probably splash out on B&M Reserve Spice aftershave for future pairing with Old Spice soap.

AHHHHH, I thought you were mixing and matching the same day! My bad :)

Date:- 27 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Lav Sublime
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

4lFcV6k.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps Leomongrass & Eucalyptus
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Proraso Green A/S splash
Scent: D.R. Harris Traditional Cologne

40 degrees C here in Perth today, so I picked my software with refreshment in mind.
Three passes and I am BBS, refreshed, and grinning :D.

Pre: Hot shower, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10 Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
34th Wedding anniversary today
. Heading out to celebrate. ;)

Congrats, @Nico - have a great night!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsons and Culmak
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Bugger, immediately following a beautifully styled picture from @lu20vt again :(

First (domestic, work) flight of the year. Feeling a little unsettled, everything so familiar but it has been a while! Great shave to start though.

qFW4jmil.jpg

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: JAWS head + Timeless handle
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: Executive Man

Really enjoyed the heft of the solid timeless handle with the JAWS head, need to work out if i like heavier or lighter handles before i order a wolf. Stirling is fast becoming my favorite soap that helped deliver an excellent smooth BBS finish, great start to the day!!

49452014897_ae92b7ffe6_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.