Not open for further replies.
ZZD5ceA.jpg

Pre-shave: Water
Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm two band badger
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Razor: Yaqi SE V3 with Jack the Barber handle
Blade: Dorco Prime (half)
Post-shave: Nivea Men Sensitive Shave Balm

Soap really does smell like strawberry bubble tea that's been blended with soap. I'm kind of trying to decide if I like it or not. Maybe after a few more shaves.

This 26mm badger is my first really good quality badger. I let it soak in a mug of warm water for 10 minutes while I was loading my razor and I was amazed at how much water it absorbed. Way more than a synthetic for sure. The brush felt like it weighed 50g more. A lot quicker to load from the puck too, so have to be wary of how much I use. I can understand now how high end badgers can rip through tubs of soap. I may just use a synthetic brush for soaps I want to keep/ make last.

The Yaqi SE V3 was just something I bought to get me over the free shipping threshold. Very aggressive, very rough. Not sure if that's entirely the razors fault or if I did load the half-blade properly. Might throw that in the draw of 'other' razors I don't use anymore.

VfPXDmN.jpg

Thursday‌ ‌10.15.20 ‌SOTD‌
I‌ ‌Provenzali‌ ‌Olive‌ ‌Oil‌ ‌Artisan‌ ‌Bar‌ ‌Soap‌
Gillette ‘32 New SC Gold Common Bar
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi R1605-S Resin Tuxedo
Williams‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌in‌ ‌a‌ ‌vintage‌ ‌mug‌ ‌
Aqua‌ ‌Velva‌ ‌sftershave‌ ‌(Spanish‌ ‌version)‌

5RASt1o.jpg

50486277191_01f297aebd_c.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Bowl/Scuttle:- DIY Blue bowl
Brush:- TI horn super badger
Soap/Cream:- Le Pere Lucien Cypres Boise
Razor:- 6/8 Beardsley & Alvord Empire Razor
Post shave:- Weleda After Shave Balm
Aftershave:- Mickey Lee Soapworks Cape Verde
That's one sexy bowl @Ebonysw45! (y)

Date:- 15 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Voskhod #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (20 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (15) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

The Voskhod blade is STILL holding the edge, not smooth, still sharp and still comfortable to shave.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 "Slim" replated in rhodium (6)
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (5)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man EDT

End of a great week of shaves. I like using the one soap all week, I think you really get an appreciation for it.

IMG-20201015-220708.jpg

Brush: Graydog Arizona Mesquite 28mm Maggard SHD Fan
Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridiums (2)
Soap: Squadron Soap's Ace
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
Post: Squadron Soap's Ace splash // AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum
WTG, XTG, ATG = BBS :love:

I really could've skipped a shave as the Rocca left very little with slow regrowth 14 hours later...
A truly ACE shave!!!
Good health & Happy shaves!

ZZD5ceA.jpg

Pre-shave: Water
Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm two band badger
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Razor: Yaqi SE V3 with Jack the Barber handle
Blade: Dorco Prime (half)
Post-shave: Nivea Men Sensitive Shave Balm

Soap really does smell like strawberry bubble tea that's been blended with soap. I'm kind of trying to decide if I like it or not. Maybe after a few more shaves.

Got mine coming today so will give it a crack this afternoon. You dont get any vanilla from it?

Pre-shave: Bloom water (I don't get to do this very often, as I only bloom soaps the first time I use them)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
Post-shave: Shower

First time with Rawr, a scent I would describe as exuberantly joyful. A fantastic scent for the warmer months. Not sorry B&B sent me the second tub.

Pre-shave: Bloom water (I don't get to do this very often, as I only bloom soaps the first time I use them)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
Post-shave: Shower

First time with Rawr, a scent I would describe as exuberantly joyful. A fantastic scent for the warmer months. Not sorry B&B sent me the second tub.

I so regret not getting that soap, even though I have “enough” soap atm

Sotd
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - 25mm Black Wolf.
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - The Undersea
Razor: Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Post-shave: Ariana & Evans - The Undersea AS Splash / Swiss- Daily Face Moisturiser

Two pass + touchups WTG = DFS+. Another nice shave.
The King C Gillette blade is not a Wizamet. Wizamet is a similar sharpness, but it's ever so slighly smoother. If this is a Russian blade it could be a Gillette Super Stainless or an Astra SP. The mystery continues.

VKIbsRj.jpg

I2ZSyJ9.jpg

Pre-shave: Warm shower
Brush: Omega 11047 Badger/Boar 'Mighty Midget'
Soap: Squadron Sweetheart
Bowl: Rover travel bowl (Artisan Arcade)
Razor: Fatipe Grande
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman Musk
Cologne: Armaf Club de Nuit

First time ever with a '7 O'Clock', and also the little mixed Badger/Boar brush. The brush, although tiny in the hand, easily loaded enough for two passes with leftovers (before and after shots above). I haven't used the Grande much but I was blown away with it's efficiency and smoothness. At times felt like I was shaving with an empty razor; very impressed with both the blade and the razor. The 'Mighty Midget is destined to become my travel brush (should I ever be able to travel again) and the Grande will be used more often. DFS+ today.

Pre: WarmShower
Razor: Muhle R94
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: The Noir Et Vanille

Can I put another B in BBS?? WOW.. just…. wow!! The feather was practically as smooth as the wizamet (possibly down to an amazing lather) but the efficiency went up a notch (or two). Three standard passes with no burn, cuts, weepers or anything except for smooth buttery goodness, the only problem was the shave ending, I really wanted to go another pass but there was nothing left to cut.

Even though the R94 v R96 are the same razor they have a different feel in the hand. The R94 is 10g heavier which doesn’t sound like much but you can definitely feel it when you hold the razor. Add the difference of the feel in the hand of the carbon v steel handle you get the sense your holding a different razor but the shave on the face is identical, which in my humble opinion, is the perfect combination of smoothness and efficiency.

The only issue I foresee is another holding back buying the R95 if the Birch handle becomes available, yep I LOVE this razor that much. There may be a few razors up for sale if they continue to not get used, and the timeless/wr2 are not exempt from this.

@Blackie you both want and NEED this razor (y)

50493467776_8a3ed45493_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.