Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
50506343152_a23dbac6a7_b.jpg

Eufros JabonMan Kasbah LE 2016 // Simpaon Chubby 3 Manchurian // Rocnel Sailor S 2020 // Knize Ten Splash
That looks like it would be a very nice shave.

IMG-20201020-213945.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle (P&C 2019/20 Charity Auction)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridiums (6)
Soap: RazoRock Moroccan Secret
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
WTG, XTG, ATG = BBS

I can't remember if it was @lerenau who kindly gave me this soap or another fellow CBR member...?
Not too bad overall if you like a fruity scent. Very smooth and comfortable shave with what is quickly becoming my go to blade!
Wishing you Good health & Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Triple shot espresso, Sulawesi Blue. ...Hot water.
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (2)
Post-shave: Shower

Finally beginning to make an impression on this soap. Also finally worked out what those dice from @Ozwhisker are for. Took me long enough.. :LOL:

@Gargravarr I see I will need to make an entry in the AA FAQ page to explain the purpose of the dice. :D

BTW, you might be interested in some Bergamot Lavender shampoo bars arriving this month. ;)
Heh, I might have to let my hair grow for that. It might be a shock, I've been shaving it all off for 17 years now... :LOL:

Pre-shave: Triple shot espresso, Sulawesi Blue. ...Hot water.
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (2)
Post-shave: Shower

Finally beginning to make an impression on this soap. Also finally worked out what those dice from @Ozwhisker are for. Took me long enough.. :LOL:

We should start a thread
"What are the strangest Items sent along side your accoutrement order"?

I

How do you like your Titan razor? I’ve got one on the way.
@Manumik's Titan SR is of Japanese ACRM-2 steel (specially made for Titan) with a hardness a little below 60 RHC, probably about 57 to 59 RHC. All Titan SR's have about the same profile and similar grind, about half-hollow. The variation in their mass is mainly due to the different scales that they fit to each of their models.

RAZOR: Thiers Issard Eagle 7/8" Stamina wood scales
CREAM: Proraso Green
BRUSH: Person Mason Best Badger
STROP: Black beauty double sided hanging leather, Australian made

I can't insert images yet, so here is the link

A great shave, with a fresh soap; what a way to start a day.
Try using postimages.org and then paste the Direct Link url into the Insert image (Ctrl+P) tab above:

Capture.jpg

Didn't get to shave yesterday with this so it made it's debut tonight. 3days growth and the Parker 99r cleared it effortlessly. I forget sometimes how efficient this razor is. Such an underrated razor with beautiful chrome and heft to it.

Empire I can describe as fresh linen with a hint of citrus? It's a very light scent but pleasent and enjoyable. Whips up into a yoghurty lather easily. The aftershave is even better and non drying on the skin. Seems to have staying power. Felt great post shave and the wife says it's a 'date night's scent with a nice shirt and dinner by the Yarra. A foreign idea at the moment 😂

Didn't get to shave yesterday with this so it made it's debut tonight. 3days growth and the Parker 99r cleared it effortlessly. I forget sometimes how efficient this razor is. Such an underrated razor with beautiful chrome and heft to it.

Empire I can describe as fresh linen with a hint of citrus? It's a very light scent but pleasent and enjoyable. Whips up into a yoghurty lather easily. The aftershave is even better and non drying on the skin. Seems to have staying power. Felt great post shave and the wife says it's a 'date night's scent with a nice shirt and dinner by the Yarra. A foreign idea at the moment 😂

I like your scent description.(y) Make sure when your prison sentence is up, you treat your other half to a real date night.

Date:- 21 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Voskhod #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

IMG-20201020-213945.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle (P&C 2019/20 Charity Auction)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridiums (6)
Soap: RazoRock Moroccan Secret
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
WTG, XTG, ATG = BBS

I can't remember if it was @lerenau who kindly gave me this soap or another fellow CBR member...?
Not too bad overall if you like a fruity scent. Very smooth and comfortable shave with what is quickly becoming my go to blade!
Wishing you Good health & Happy shaves!
Oh yeah! I think that was me!
I'm so glad it went well. :)
Love the razor, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.