Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
With all the Wolfman chatter my beast started howling for attention. I listened and was rewarded with an excellent shave.

I guess I’d better use mine tomorrow too! ;)

Common as ...

I'll be using my Rocca - anybody else?

No, didn't think so, unique, classic, stylish, timeless ...

You can definitely achieve it with this brush/soap combo. Once you soaked you brush, really squeeze it out dry and then start lathering on the puck. Add water very slowly (every 5-10sec - either a couple drops onto the puck or just dip your brush in water and shake excess out). Don't stop lathering on the puck, until you see the lather you want on the puck. Then go to your face and add a couple more times water.
Thanks @alfredus if you are face lathering then when are you taking those awesome photos?

Thanks for the advice @alfredus. I'll keep working on it. Tonight's attempt was much better.
Fy2wU2E.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:
Semogue - Excelsior 620 Boar
Soap: Stirling - Glastonbury
Razor: Timeless .68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade: Feather (6) and flipped
Post-shave: AP Reserve Escentials 'Restoration'

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming / Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (4)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti EDP

Unique shave this one, very nice

4Zo5I8al.jpg

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: R41 head + Yaqi Brass Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - Germany
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: PAA F-Bomb

Smooth super-efficient shave with this combo, I have to say I am loving the PAA CK6 formula, so much so I am going to purchase a full tub to ensure supplies in honour of stocking my den for the 2021 sabbatical.

Another item that will be purchased is the APR Escentials. I am enjoying using this very much, the serum is fully absorbed into my skin giving a totally non greasy feel. I look forward to using this regularly until it is finished before commenting too much on its healing / soothing properties.

Really enjoyed the efficiency of this razor and from everything I have picked up on comments a 1.25 Wolfman can give me an equivalent shave with at least the smoothness (or better) of the Timeless 95 SB.

49526528963_e4b0d4f6e9_b.jpg

YHoZ9Xol.jpg

Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue (and...gone)
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Timeless Bronze
Blade: Vintage French Nacet (2)
Thanks @lerenau for the reminder. Tobacco Blue was tucked away in the stash forgotten. Lovely shave but that was the last of the Tobacco Blue. Going to have to make some more.......

jp7PDBf_d.jpg

RazorRock Plissoft
Merkur 34c
Feather (2)
Wholly Kaw - King of Bourbon
Barrister’s Reserve Waves splash
Nivea Sensitive Balm

Great shave, I think the bufala base from WK provides the best post shave feel out of all the soaps in my den.

Have a great day all, it just won’t stop raining here in SE QLD

xtbfajr.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: A&E Grecian Hourse
Razor: Gillette Slim (6-4-4)
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; APR Coeur De Vert A/S splash
Scent: Aramis Havana

@StratMan inspired me to get the Gillette Slim out of the drawer, a move no doubt approved by the General @Mark1966.
And a new arrival soap-wise - A&E Grecian Horse. This was recommended to me by @Greenpike, and what a spendid recommendation it proved.
The soap performed admirably, and the scent is superb. To me, it has deep, rich notes of vanilla and cocoa on an exotic woods base. I am not normally into gourmand scents, but this really is something else.
Dialed to Slim up to 6 WTG, then back to 4 for XTG and ATG passes. The very sharp Annecy blade made short work of my 3 day growth for a BBS result.
The pungent fougère notes of Coeur De Vert and the exotic evening vibe of Aramis Havana proved fine matches for the soap scent.

xtbfajr.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: A&E Grecian Hourse
Razor: Gillette Slim (6-4-4)
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; APR Coeur De Vert A/S splash
Scent: Aramis Havana

@StratMan inspired me to get the Gillette Slim out of the drawer, a move no doubt approved by the General @Mark1966.
And a new arrival soap-wise - A&E Grecian Horse. This was recommended to me by @Greenpike, and what a spendid recommendation it proved.
The soap performed admirably, and the scent is superb. To me, it has deep, rich notes of vanilla and cocoa on an exotic woods base. I am not normally into gourmand scents, but this really is something else.
Dialed to Slim up to 6 WTG, then back to 4 for XTG and ATG passes. The very sharp Annecy blade made short work of my 3 day growth for a BBS result.
The pungent fougère notes of Coeur De Vert and the exotic evening vibe of Aramis Havana proved fine matches for the soap scent.

Quality choices there @TomG !!!

Pre: Hot shower, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lixiviant

Pre: Hot shower, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lixiviant

I would have put money on the Charcoal Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.