Grizzly Bay
Wolfman WR2
Polsilver (14)
APR Florian​

Date:- 18 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub) ......... :yuck::vomit:
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

2sQjEpU.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Shavemac - Americana D01 - Silvertip Badger
Soap: P.160 - Tippo Morbido
Razor: ATT-R
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post-shave: AP Reserve Escentials 'Restoration'
Have to take the ATT and Blackland Dart for a shave before I go travelling.
I was concerned the blade pins would not be sufficient but no problems there. The head is nice and thin, probably the thinnest to date.
First impressions not as smooth or efficient as Timeless or GC-84.P. The marzipan scent of P.160 is a nice pairing with APR Escentials.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson and Culmak
Soap/Cream: B&M Cologne Russe shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (4)
Post-shave: B&M Cologne Russe splash
Fragrance: N/A

Well and truly into the 'ring of death' with this soap! I know that @tim33z would have this polished off in just a couple of days but I'm not sure that my brushes are up to it, you can even see where one stray badger hair has given up in the picture. I keep pressing on though ...

PNY0MS4l.jpg

I5lt5SKl.jpg

Soap: Pb Red Dwarf
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super (3)
4acMetbl.jpg

We've had some rain over the past couple of weeks and the property now has a green tinge but still in parts looks like far western NSW.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson and Culmak
Soap/Cream: B&M Cologne Russe shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (4)
Post-shave: B&M Cologne Russe splash
Fragrance: N/A

Well and truly into the 'ring of death' with this soap! I know that @tim33z would have this polished off in just a couple of days but I'm not sure that my brushes are up to it, you can even see where one stray badger hair has given up in the picture. I keep pressing on though ...

PNY0MS4l.jpg
Here's a question:

As you are holding the tub to load, is the side with no soap left closer to your wrist or your fingertips?

I hold the tub in my right hand and swirl with the left one, i'm still trying to determine how the soap disappears from the same section constantly, even when i rotate how the tub is held.

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: PAA F-Bomb

It has been quite a while since the 6C has seen light. Plate 6 with a feather resulted in a super smooth and close shave, I forgot how nice this razor is.

Absolutely love the scent of Proraso red just a shame it doesn’t last too long.

49554437872_4ab19d2fd2_b.jpg

Here's a question:

As you are holding the tub to load, is the side with no soap left closer to your wrist or your fingertips?

I hold the tub in my right hand and swirl with the left one, i'm still trying to determine how the soap disappears from the same section constantly, even when i rotate how the tub is held.

... but do you swirl clockwise or counter clockwise?

For what it is worth I tend to hold the tub in my left hand and load with my right. If I swirl it tends to be clockwise :)

My soap pucks, however, tend to be donors to traveling boxes on arrival and when I scoop into a traveling box sample container I go down into the puck not simply across the surface. So i tend to get a section missing pretty quickly in all my pucks and that stays that way as I keep loading.

Boring you enough by now?

WAOzcf7_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Feather
DG/Chattilon Lux - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Thayer’s Original Toner

New soap arrival, or should I say cream... this milksteak base is so soft. I really like this scent so far. It was pretty much how I imagined it to be.

Have a great day!

Smart Helix Apollo + Astra
Simpsons Captain 2, Best

Great first impression of the Apollo. Good efficiency, with a mild feel.​

Is your Helix razor the light version? Which plate did you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.