Not open for further replies.
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: RR Game Changer .84P
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Pb Pimento Silk sample
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Proraso white balm

Wowzers! What a super smooth, effortless 2 x pass near BBS with the Game Changer. The blade matches well and would be in between the Rubies and Nacets for feel. Looking forward to testing this combo in future shaves :) Only downside being the fact the soap is just a sample as its really a wonderful performing soap and I'd happily buy a tub or two its that good - no pressure there @Pbgoose (y) Thankfully I stocked up on samples when Bruce visited last year so plenty of happy shaves ahead!

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

WxhSjdQ.jpg

Brush: BSB 24mm
Soap: A&E Forbidden Fruit
Razors: Timeless .68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade: Polsilver (5)
Post-shave: A&E Forbidden Fruit
Beautiful smooth and efficient shaves and still got GSB, Nacet and Feathers to try

WxhSjdQ.jpg

Brush: BSB 24mm
Soap: A&E Forbidden Fruit
Blade: Polsilver (5)
Post-shave: A&E Forbidden Fruit
Beautiful smooth and efficient shaves and still got GSB, Nacet and Feathers to try

The Timeless razor is one nice tool. Always enjoy using it.

Pre: shower
machine: Timeless 0.95 oc scallped / UFO goliath prototype
blade: Astra green
brush: Rudy vey / Shavemac
soap: Squadron soaps "The warden"
splash and EdP: AP Reserve Fougere trois

It was tricky shave as I damaged a finder the other night. The warden was a soap I wanted my dad to keep, but it is now close to finish. I'll rather keep it and bring him a full new one next time... BTW I miss more rotation on brushes and razors, and blades and.... :cry:

@todras Thanks from your comments I'll send you latter or tomorrow an e-mail with the newest releases of Joserra (including scent pyramid) and keep chatting in private as it may be already off-topic here in the SOTD thread. You may still be able to use some of my luggage weight limit :LOL::LOL:

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson and Culmak
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-shave: APR Aqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Aqua di Gio EDC

Day three with this combo, although different brushes, and still loving it -

RAqhG4Pl.jpg

Pre: Went for a swim @ the local beach early and then beard oil
Razor: Sharpened industries wood handle - My first DE razor that started me down this damn rabbit hole! Still love it, nice close shave.
Blade: Israeli Red - it's a toss up between this blade and GPS as my top fav slasher. So glad I got a big stack of these, may even grab some more in case I win lotto and can afford cryogenics.
Brush: Yaqi 2 Band best badger Marpat edition - another one of my top favs although I'm becoming a bit of a brush-slut and think I love them all..woohoo I get in a lather just thinking about all that hairy goodness.
Soap: Proraso Red - nuff said!
Post: Beard/Face conditioner and a splash of Nelum Sandalwood lotion

s3ppOxW.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Pb Grapefruit sample
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Proraso white balm

Another satisfactory SOTD with the soap sample. Similar shave performance with a pleasant scent. The GSB paired well with the beastly R41 to produce a smooth and near BBS finish in 2 easy passes. Running out of the balm so must top it up as its not too heavy and sooth's the skin.... Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot Towel, Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol Pre & After shave cream
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Hit the ground running on my return to work this week. Nice way to finish the day with this kit.

Date:- 15 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Nordost
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41 with iKon Bulldog / Astra Superior Platinum #1
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Johnnie Walker Double Black

OMG! I LOVE my Muhle R41 attached to an iKon Bulldog handle which I haven't been using it for a very long time, almost a whole year (a real shame), the whole shave was truly magnificent giving my face feels a super smooth and a very close shave as a
215079g923g99vxm.gif
without any nicks or cuts or irritation and razor burn.

The B&M Nordost doesn't smell smoky or smoked enough in the background, because, I get more orange smell throughout my whole shave which isn't very strong at all.
A real shame for the B&M Nordost shaving soap with not enough smoky smell in the background to blend into the orange scent with my favourite scotch whisky throughout the shave is Johnnie Walker Double.

Johnnie Walker Double is a smoky whisky with a hint of orange, clove, caramel, spicy and vanilla, a good combination together with B&M Nordost and a very enjoyable and a magnificent shave with the Muhle R41.

As for the B&M Nordost needs to improved a bit further in the smoky orange background scent without the overpowering burning smell of charcoal wood-like similar to Stirling Texas on Fire which is pretty strong.

5nYqZfl.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Limited Edition Badger
Soap: Squadron - Scramble
Blade: Polsilver (6)
Post-shave: Squadron - Scramble
(y)(y)(y)"nuff said"

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson and Culmak
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword (4)
Post-shave: APR Aqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Aqua di Gio EDC

Using the reknotted Culmak today, darker brush on the far right, and it certainly whipped up some great lather, although that is not hard with the SV 70th! -

RAqhG4Pl.jpg

yVXfEmfl.jpg

Okay shave with the Mühle R89 head on Rockwell handle with a new GSB. Seemed to be experiencing some chatter and was a shade rough throughout.

The lather was again supreme and the post shave balm a relief to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.