FU6dXLI.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- TF Customs - Mallee Burl & Resin Hybrid
Soap:- PAA ClubGuy
Razors: Wolfman WR2 1.05 OC Darwin Handle
Blade:- Astra(2)
Aftershave:- PAA ClubGuy
dcooXVC.jpg

First lather with the TF custom brush and was mighty impressed by the backbone in this 2 band finest a stunningly beautiful brush and good performer.
If the Rhodium knots are better, they must be truly amazing!
Thx @Tony Forsyth

Brush:- Yaqi Ruby 24mm tuxedo synthetic
Soap:- Squadron Red Lead
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade:- Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (2)
Post Shave:- Old Spice Aftershave / Stirling Spice post shave balm.

Nice late night mild 3 pass BBS shave. I like Squadrons spicey/peppery take on Old Spice. The nostalgia and story behind the name and to the enjoyment of the shave.

Brush:- Yaqi Ruby 24mm tuxedo synthetic
Soap:- Squadron Red Lead
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade:- Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (2)
Post Shave:- Old Spice Aftershave / Stirling Spice post shave balm.

Nice late night mild 3 pass BBS shave. I like Squadrons spicey/peppery take on Old Spice. The nostalgia and story behind the name and to the enjoyment of the shave.
You should get yourself Stirling Spice shaving soap into your bloody den, because, it's very close to the original old spice aftershave.

IMG-20200803-215340.jpg

Brush: TF Custom Clear/Yellow/Black 26mm 2 Band Finest Badger
Razor: Italian Barber Game Changer .84P
Blade: Bic Chrome (2)
Soap: Squadron Soap's Red Lead
Bowl: Mrs @Nico shave bowl (y)
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube mentholated
Post: Old Spice splash // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm
ATG, XTG, WTG = near BBS

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 Slim (7)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (9)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Such a great scent!

Lidkamzl.jpg

APR Skye Fall soap and splash
Dovo silvertip
Blackland Vector + Kai Captain Mild

Supreme shave. Sad though because I can now see the bottom of the container of the soap.​

many people share your pain

Pre-shave: PAA Mentholated Prickly Pear ATG Pre-Shave Soap
Brush: Omega 10083
Soap/Cream: PAA Crown King Porthos
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Alum block, Witch hazel, Bulldog original aftershave balm, B&M Reserve Spice
Hair Tonic: Eau de Portugal

The Schick Krona is such a delight to use. I typically don't like long handled razors, nor mild razors and the Krona is both of these but the weight and balance and the tapered handle make this a wonderful razor. I've got three just in case...:LOL:

Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Clusterfig
Post shave: Thayer’s Original Toner

A very rushed shave this morning, so I went back the the 34c. It feels so light after having used my Karve Brass for 3 weeks. Just two passes and it was a decent shave. I do enjoy the short handle, I might get a shorter handle if/when I get the matte stainless steel Karve

E4nlzTL.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Proraso Green Aftershave Splash
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924

Such good soap.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue 1305 boar
Soap: APR Raconteur
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo Light (aggressive plate)
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Post: T.N. Dickinsons witch hazel with Speedys herbal go fast additives
Scent: Jovan Musk

As I had shaved yesterday, I had thoughts of waiting until tomorrow to get a healthy growth to test fly the Apollo. But not for long! Who could resist?
As it turned out it was a good test as the growth that was there was either my heavy growth areas (such as they are) or 'difficult' areas.
It's just one shave, but I am extremely pleased with the razor; not only does it look superb but it performs accordingly. I found it a little less blade forward than
my Blackbird but that's a good thing. The acoustics with the Polsilver fitted were great; a pleasing crunch as it cut through. Balance and handle grip were terrific,
and I was just completely on auto pilot as far as the angle, very intuitive. I thought the handle might feel too long for me as my other razors are short handled, but never gave it a thought during the shave. Delivery from Ukraine took 21 days from when they posted it and boy was I relieved to see it in the letter box today. End result was a DFS verging on BBS but it remains to be seen how I feel when the honeymoon is over; even happier I'm guessing! I hope the other guys who ordered around the same time see theirs arrive soon if they have not already.

As I had shaved yesterday, I had thoughts of waiting until tomorrow to get a healthy growth to test fly the Apollo. But not for long! Who could resist?
As it turned out it was a good test as the growth that was there was either my heavy growth areas (such as they are) or 'difficult' areas.
It's just one shave, but I am extremely pleased with the razor; not only does it look superb but it performs accordingly. I found it a little less blade forward than
my Blackbird but that's a good thing. The acoustics with the Polsilver fitted were great; a pleasing crunch as it cut through. Balance and handle grip were terrific,
and I was just completely on auto pilot as far as the angle, very intuitive. I thought the handle might feel too long for me as my other razors are short handled, but never gave it a thought during the shave. Delivery from Ukraine took 21 days from when they posted it and boy was I relieved to see it in the letter box today. End result was a DFS verging on BBS but it remains to be seen how I feel when the honeymoon is over; even happier I'm guessing! I hope the other guys who ordered around the same time see theirs arrive soon if they have not already.

Congrats on new razor! Looks great

Congrats on receiving the new razor and ecstatic to see another happy user. Great to read it arrived safely and judging by your estimate I should expect to see mine reaching Australia soon...? Happy shaves! (y)

Hope so mate! Mine was posted July 13 . Neither Aus Post nor Ukrposhta tracking sites were updated; it just arrived out of the blue.
Haha same date as mine and I'm constantly checking tracking for updates so fingers crossed it shows up soon as COVID-19 has me panicking it'll get lost or delayed... :bag:

Status
Not open for further replies.