Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot understand why people are so hostile to them
We have something of a superfluity of tiger snakes and copperheads up here. We had a little dog killed by one a few years ago, which was pretty distressing, and another bitten on two separate occasions. ($3000 a pop in vet bills, and weeks of recovery.) Since then, I've fenced off about an acre around the house with snakeproof wire and made rubber seals to go around all the gates. Even so, I had a snake that found its way under such a seal last summer and tried to bite me through my boot. No more Mr Nice Guy: I did him in with a shovel...

We have something of a superfluity of tiger snakes and copperheads up here. We had a little dog killed by one a few years ago, which was pretty distressing, and another bitten on two separate occasions. ($3000 a pop in vet bills, and weeks of recovery.) Since then, I've fenced off about an acre around the house with snakeproof wire and made rubber seals to go around all the gates. Even so, I had a snake that found its way under such a seal last summer and tried to bite me through my boot. No more Mr Nice Guy: I did him in with a shovel...
Did you cook and eat the snake after you've got'em with a shovel, should never waste a good piece of snake meat on the BBQ.

Have you ever smelt a snake? Like putrifying mice. Not even my dogs will eat them, even though they're happy to kill them. I'll leave that challenge to you. :p
Aboriginal have been eating all kinds of snakes for thousands of years, long before the British colonisation settle in Australia

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: The Dead Sea

50347670276_6f7be59b24_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Vitos Menthol and Eucalyptus shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (4)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: Herbal Cologne Splash

Nice shave, shame about the face!

HCs2LRQl.jpg

... or was that fez?

Nice vintage splash there, Agent 66.

I sort of have to watch out for tiger snakes here, but so long as I make a bit of noise from time to time it's not a problem. My closest neighbour is nearly 2km away, so no need to dress up... :p
Aaahh!,:nailbiting: I was just about to ask that. Otherwise I'm very jealous.
We visited Tasmania in 2008 and I remember walking through a forest and watching a tiger snake work it's way past a mob of wallabies. They sat there and hammered the earth with a foot as warning, not sure whether it was for the mob or the snake.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG-20200914-213724.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Shades of Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Bic Chrome (1)
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
Post: Brut aftershave lotion / APR Escentials Restoration Serum
ATG, XTG, WTG = DFS

There's light at the end of the tunnel with this soap... Happy shaves!

Last edited:
SOTW
Pre-shave:-
Shower
Brush:- Epsilon LE 2015 Brown Horse Hair 30mm knot
Soap:- P.160 - Tippo Morbido
Razor:- Charcoal Goods Lvl2 Gen 1 Brass with Torpedo Handle
Blade:- Polsilver (2)
Post-shave:- Cella

v4gAp4Y.jpg

Been looking for an aftershave to match with the marzipan scent of P.160 and @astinus4 was kind enough to PIF Cella which doesn't smell anything like marzipan but figured if it pairs with Cella almond soap must pair with P.160. I really enjoy the scent because it reminds me of my old man but I dont think he wore Cella so I wonder what other mainstream aftershaves it smells similar to? (not on trythatsoap)
Anyway if I had to choose a favourite drug store (farmacia) aftershave this would be it. Fresh crisp citrus scent

Z2Hsnny.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Cream: Speick Active
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Aqua Velva Musk Splash
Scent: APR Ozymandias EdP

A beautiful shave. The Sticky may be a mild razor, but it is very efficient, and mowed down my 4 day growth effortlessly.

SOTW
Pre-shave:-
Shower
Brush:- Epsilon LE 2015 Brown Horse Hair 30mm knot
Soap:- P.160 - Tippo Morbido
Razor:- Charcoal Goods Lvl2 Gen 1 Brass with Torpedo Handle
Blade:- Polsilver (2)
Post-shave:- Cella

v4gAp4Y.jpg

Been looking for an aftershave to match with the marzipan scent of P.160 and @astinus4 was kind enough to PIF Cella which doesn't smell anything like marzipan but figured if it pairs with Cella almond soap must pair with P.160. I really enjoy the scent because it reminds me of my old man but I dont think he wore Cella so I wonder what other mainstream aftershaves it smells similar to? (not on trythatsoap)
Anyway if I had to choose a favourite drug store (farmacia) aftershave this would be it. Fresh crisp citrus scent

It really is a lovely scent. A pity it wasn’t an obvious scent match for anything I had (including Cella itself!)

We have red bellied blacks here,hence no Eastern Browns.
I cannot understand why people are so hostile to them
You live in the Blue Mountains,you have snakes,just logic
We saw a beautiful Red Bellied Black on Monday,he was minding his own business,so we observed him until he went away.
I’ve had red bellies blacks and browns pass through and a tiger stay for a while. I’m in the mountains as well. On the upside we have great birds and the hiking is good.
50348066373_3db3cc7ee0_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.