Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Vshod carrying the range at a decent price! I'm more inclined to wait for an adjustable but also curious to see your comparison between the Lupo 72 & 95. (y)
BLADE-6000S-Safety-Razor-Australia.jpg

Just realised I'd never seen an MdC lather shot, so I went looking. Found this...
At the moment I do not get the luxury of time for bowl lathering. Face lathering with MdC always seems to provide enough for at least three passes, but Monday to Friday I only bother with two. I shall endeavour to with up a storm and the use some mediocre photography to try and capture the result.

WhyPdVUl.jpg

Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (2)
A bit hard when I don't even know which way Kansas is. So I borrowed a pair of Mrs Pbgooses red shoes, put them on and clicked the heels together and it worked a treat. So I've got excellent lather, only trouble is now I've got no idea where I'm posting this from.
@Mark1966 , come and get me!

On the way mate - that was SOOO funny!

The VSHOD competition is going to be drawn on the 30th April and there are 5 main prizes to win (each has a $50 voucher). I bought a ticket because there's a fair chance of winning & if I buy a 1$ ticket and only get a $50 voucher that's a big win! I shouldn't have told you, now my odds are falling :(
I've been a lucky winner a few times but opted out the last few so best of luck!!! (y)

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Zenith unbleached bristle olive wood handle
Soap: Ogallala - Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns
Razor:- Apollo Light - Aggressive Plate
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (6)
Aftershave: Ogallala - Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns

A nice light 2nd pass letting weight of razor glide over - very smooth - still feeling it 17 Hrs later
qEW3Ygl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (6)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

Such a nice brush ...

BsZStjEl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (6)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

Such a nice brush ...

BsZStjEl.jpg
Lather shot or it didn't happen ;)

Lather shot or it didn't happen ;)

OK, you got me.

I caressed my face with this brush and then simply smeared soap on my face with my fingers - didn't want to get this lovely brush dirty!

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: MacDuff's Soap Company - Royal Earl Grey (sample) - Thanks @Ebonysw45(y)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Chinese No-Name
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

This sample arrived in the mail yesterday, and I was keen to give it a run straight away. The scent of the dry sample is lovely, and when lathered even better - just like the actual tea. (I rarely drink tea, but I do like the smell of the tea leaves.) It didn't disappoint with performance either, a definite addition to the shopping list for next year.

I found a blog entry that mentions a new base arriving Aug 24th, and I had to dig to find out that was last year, so I don't know what base this soap contains, and I can't say I really care.

With so many people generously sending me goodies like this, it'll be a miserable thing if I were to bomb out on this sabbatical, so thanks everyone! :)

RcPgT4J.jpeg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5, R3)
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip
Cream: Alexander Simpson Ultra-Glide Lime

This cream lathers up a treat and performs better than any TOBS I've tried, although it seems to have something in it that doesn't agree with my skin. Just had a bit of stinging right after the shave. This badger brush from TSW is also truly fantastic. Happy shaves.

RcPgT4J.jpeg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5, R3)
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip
Cream: Alexander Simpson Ultra-Glide Lime

This cream lathers up a treat and performs better than any TOBS I've tried, although it seems to have something in it that doesn't agree with my skin. Just had a bit of stinging right after the shave. This badger brush from TSW is also truly fantastic. Happy shaves.

Most likely the lime EO, happens to quite a few people. Try again on your next shave. I find that with some soaps and creams a repeat session, the skin kind of builds immunity to the inflammatory response. If it happens after the second time, most likely stop using it if bothers you.

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes T-400 AP Shave Co. 24mm SynBad
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.85mm Aggressive Plate
Blade: Astra Blue (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Post: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Old Spice A/S Splash
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

I've finally found a purpose for the Astra Blue blades as they shave smooth and close when paired with this razor... :unsure:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.