Pre-shave:-
Shower
Brush:- Simpson The Duke 2 Pure Badger
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Wizamet (16)
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

gBcjN0C.jpg

Best buy 2020 was the birthyear watch its the icing on the cake when getting dressed

B'day shave
Shower

gBcjN0C.jpg

Best buy 2020 was the birthyear watch its the icing on the cake when getting dressed

Great kit, great watch and HAPPY BIRTHDAY mate!

B'day shave
Shower

gBcjN0C.jpg

giphy.gif

B'day shave
Shower

gBcjN0C.jpg

Happy birthday and many more returns (y)

B'day shave
Shower

gBcjN0C.jpg

When we get to our age, do you really need another person telling you your getting even older. :LOL:

Happy Birthday Anyway, (y):)

B'day shave
Shower

gBcjN0C.jpg

Best Wishes & Many Happy Returns!!! :happy:

sotd.png

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost facial wipes on LHS, hot water on RHS
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Hamami
Razor: Mühle R95 birch-bark Rocca
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea Balm, Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50

Here's a repeat of my experiment with those facial wipes, at @rhodes96's suggestion/recommendation. Now this is interesting: there wasn't much difference in the feel of the first pass between left and right sides of face and head, but from there on (including post-shave) my skin felt/feels smoother on the left. Go figure.

Now to find a way of doing this without the microplastics of the facial wipes...

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Pre-shave: Warm water
Brush: WCS - honeycomb 26mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter - Monarch
Razor: Rex - Envoy
Blade: Gillette - Minora (8)
Post-shave: Neutrogena - Hydro boost cleanser facial wipes.

2 pass WTG = DFS+ Good shave.

Skip straight to the post shave first. @Gargravarr I used the wipes in a post shave application this time instead of a pre shave preparation. In short the wipes gave me the same firmness and plump feel as the preshave application. I did feel that under my chin and neck felt a little less moisturised than I am used to than my usual post shave routine of AS and balm. My skin looked nice and firm, although yesterday's shave I would say the post shave felt 2 steps up from today's. I wonder how the wipes would deal with razor burn or weepers?

For myself, If I was to use this product again, I feel it would make an excellent replacement for water in a Pre Shave application due to the cleansing ability and the fact that it hydrates the face really well for a shave. So for travel it probably would be a good product. As far as a post shave product, I would not use it and I feel it may be over cleansing and stripping away some natural oils and ingredient benefits from the shaving soap. FYI I added a little moisturiser under my chin and neck area about 30 mins later and immediately felt much better.

The Soap - Noble Otter Monarch. This one's been around a few years so no need to discuss.:).

XUGL3iM.jpg

Pre: water
Razor: Henson AL-13 Medium
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Oumo 26mm Hook Fan Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Softhearts Sandalwood

3-pass DFS+ only. Rough spots buffed that would normally be picked up by another more aggressive razor ATG, I think it might be the blade, since I managed a BBS the last time. The Astra felt a little dull when I pulled it out. I think I got about 4 shaves out of it. Will be swapping for the Feather next to see if it improves things.

With the soap. The scent notes claim it has a small amount of real mysore sandalwood oil, which is the 'best' version of sandalwood oil? I don't know, I'm not familiar with it. I can say that it smells nothing like my JTB sandalwood cream (which is more woody/piney). Scent strength is low and when lathered seems barely there. There is a creaminess to it, but I'm not sure if that's from the sandalwood or the tallow in the soap. I haven't tried the unscented version of PP8, so no idea. I have read that mysore sandalwood has a creamy aspect to the scent, so who knows? In the background, there's a distinct hum of something 'umami' like something deep and earthy and edible. There's a sweetness to it and something like incense. I kept on looking for the smell of cut wood, like cedar, but it's not there. Is this what 'real' sandalwood is supposed to smell like? I know it's used as a base for a lot of floral scent accords. I don't know if I love it, but it's super interested to smell. Softhearts base took a bit longer to load and make lather (compared to Paganini's Violin), not sure if that's normal either, but enough water and time brought it up to the standard I expect from this base.

Status
Not open for further replies.