Status
Not open for further replies.
0LVG3KMl.jpg

Soap: Pb Red Dwarf
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Lambda Ares
Blade: Nacet (2)
AS: Barrister’s Reserve Spice

You might say that, but I remember reading of trials a few years ago where surgeons have administered doses of highly concentrated capsaicin (under anaesthetic) for post-operative pain management. I don't remember coming across any follow-up, so maybe the idea died. Or their patients did... :unsure:
There's a school of thought that capsaicin has a calmative effect on the stomach - quite the opposite effect that it has on the entry and exit points of the body!

There's a school of thought that capsaicin has a calmative effect on the stomach - quite the opposite effect that it has on the entry and exit points of the body!
Hmmm. I think that experiment has been done a few times: eat a whole ghost pepper and wait for your tummy to settle down. Mwahahahahaha... :p

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Forgotton Art - 26mm Bushman
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Ramblin Man
Razor: Homelike Shaving - Colibri SB 1.5
Blade: Gillette - Stainless ( red & white) (18)
Post-shave: Stirling - Ramblin Man AS splash/ Nivea Men - protective moisturiser

2 pass WTG + touchups = BBS. Another fantastic shave with this razor and blade combo.

Stirling's - Ramblin Man is my new favourite from the Stirling Man fragrance series. This one is an homage to Creed Himalaya. Strong off the puck and once lathered, the splash is moderate in strength, the drydown does have some staying power. Citrus top notes over a base of Sandlewood, ambergris, cedar, white musk, oakmoss, with floral notes of geranium in the middle.

Never tried Creed Himalaya previously, so yes surprised this is quite a bright aromatic fouguere, that is both masculine and formal, best suited for spring days or evenings out.(y)

2 passes WTG and you have BBS? and you have Mediterranean blood, i cannot see how this is possible

just to clarify when you say BBS you mean its smooth when you rub your hand atg?

2 passes WTG and you have BBS? and you have Mediterranean blood, i cannot see how this is possible

just to clarify when you say BBS you mean its smooth when you rub your hand atg?
If I haven't shaved XTG and ATG, I don't consider my shave complete. I read somewhere that a better test for BBS is rubbing a ball of cotton wool ATG. Any fibres left on your skin means back to the washbasin for you.

Having said that, fingertips are good enough for me...

If I haven't shaved XTG and ATG, I don't consider my shave complete. I read somewhere that a better test for BBS is rubbing a ball of cotton wool ATG. Any fibres left on your skin means back to the washbasin for you.

Anyone remember the old ad on TV where the woman runs the edge of a Tally-Ho paper on the soldier's face to check for close shave?

Yes absolutely smooth as silk. With two or three days growth it's easier to obtain. Certain razors and blade combos excel at this. The Colibri is a brilliant razor, I have upgraded it into my favourites category.

Minora and Gillette Stainless blades are gifts from the shaving gods, to be used over and over again.

Most of the time if I am daily shaving I usually only achieve a DFS+. I know my angles of attack for the touchups when required. Hardly ever need to go ATG now. Efficient smooth razors are my thing.

Last edited:

agree 100% today my intention was to try these non atg shaves but again I buckled after the second pass.. just doesn’t feel right, like an unfinished job

Yes absolutely smooth as silk. With two or three days growth it's easier to obtain. Certain razors and blade combos excel at this. The Colibri is a brilliant razor, I have upgraded it into my favourites category.

Minora and Gillette Stainless blades are gifts from the shaving gods, to be used over and over again.

Most of the time if I am daily shaving I usually only achieve a DFS+. I know my angles of attack for the touchups when required. Hardly ever need to go ATG now. Efficient smooth razors are my thing.

I just can’t understand how it is possible to achieve BBS (running your hand atg) and not feel any hair without an ATG pass

I’ll have a shave free weekend (sat, sun) this week and pull out the R41 with a minora on Monday…

one WTG and two XTG (both directions) but I am certainly sceptical

maybe I just have more and stronger hair than monkey magic?

been a while since the r41 came out to play, looking forward to it 👍
I know. I’ve got the same feeling too, waiting to grab my new R41GS stainless steel, because, I’m still ongoing testing 34G with Minora Stainless vs 34C with Gillette Stainless (red & white) at the moment :banghead:

I just can’t understand how it is possible to achieve BBS (running your hand atg) and not feel any hair without an ATG pass...
Maybe it is possible for someone with either less or perhaps finer bristles than myself - not that I consider myself to be exceptionally hirsute. I don't have anything like a Mediterranean complexion, but perhaps my skin is leathery from being shaved over daily without a break for so long. I find having a break for a couple of days doesn't help me that much. And going without a shave for a whole weekend... well fuck that, it would drive me nuts. The best I can manage is with the so-called Gillette Slide, which I started using a few months ago, and has become pretty much second nature for areas of skin large enough to accommodate it. Meaning I'm not (yet) up to using it ATG much on my face, my head is no problem. I find it does reduce the amount of ATG scraping I have to do.

But maybe I'm taking out of my ass. One day, I might come up with a pre-shave routine that makes it all easy...:unsure:

I know. I’ve got the same feeling too, waiting to grab my new R41GS stainless steel, because, I’m still ongoing testing 34G with Minora Stainless vs 34C with Gillette Stainless (red & white) at the moment :banghead:

It's addictive isn't it.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.