MONDAY
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: RazoRock Wunderbar Slant
BLADE: Astra Superior Platinum
BRUSH: Yaqi‌ ‌26mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger
SOAP: B&M ‌Barrister's‌ ‌Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌

eem0YP3.jpg

Hey everyone,

I used to post more regularly here a few years ago, but I've been in and out of the hobby since. The lockdowns and everything else last year sapped all the motivation from me to shave - particularly when you had no one to show it to anyway - so I resigned myself to basically using a cartridge razor once a week or so, just to get the annoying stubble off. Over the last few weeks I've been trying to get into wet shaving once more, and I'm enjoying the experience again, as well as the feeling afterwards of having a nice shave. I'm hoping to keep it up as I think it'll be good for my mental health. I remember this being a great community so I'm eager to contribute again.

sggAf4P.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Brush: The Stray Whisker Synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

This was last night's shave. Not too much to say, pretty smooth overall. The main experiment for me is figuring out what blade works best (again!). The Astras are very smooth but these Yellows are just a notch sharper, and I suspect it's probably the better blade for my beard. I'll keep using it in the next few shaves to see how it goes. Hope you all had a great day.

Hey everyone,

I used to post more regularly here a few years ago, but I've been in and out of the hobby since. The lockdowns and everything else last year sapped all the motivation from me to shave - particularly when you had no one to show it to anyway - so I resigned myself to basically using a cartridge razor once a week or so, just to get the annoying stubble off. Over the last few weeks I've been trying to get into wet shaving once more, and I'm enjoying the experience again, as well as the feeling afterwards of having a nice shave. I'm hoping to keep it up as I think it'll be good for my mental health. I remember this being a great community so I'm eager to contribute again.

sggAf4P.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Brush: The Stray Whisker Synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

This was last night's shave. Not too much to say, pretty smooth overall. The main experiment for me is figuring out what blade works best (again!). The Astras are very smooth but these Yellows are just a notch sharper, and I suspect it's probably the better blade for my beard. I'll keep using it in the next few shaves to see how it goes. Hope you all had a great day.
Good for you, glad to have you back :)

IMG-20210404-161321.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Manchurian
Razor: Karve Brass SB (D plate) + WCS Brass Handle
Blade: Gillette Rube Platinum (6)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soap Dispatch Rider
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

4.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

I do love my lavender. Another perfect shave in my little corner of paradise...

NaKqzv7.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Scent: B&M Leviathan EdT

A very enjoyable bay rum themed shave. Two passes and at DFS+; a third ATG pass for a BBS result.

A review of the aftershave can be found here: Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum Review

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: Lea
BRUSH: Jack the Barber synthetic knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: YSL Korous
oMuA9XH.jpg

First time using Lea, a soap I had never heard of. It performed well and will make a good travel soap because of the plastic case it sits in (with breather holes in the top). In fact this setup would be my travel set;synthetic brush, shave stick in a case, and a cheap Chinese blade.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soaps Empire soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette rhodium replated L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (6)
Post-shave: Squadron Soaps Empire splash
Fragrance: N/A

CliXJy3l.jpg

IMG-20210405-220534.jpg

Brush: Proraso Omega 28mm Boar
Razor: KMuhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Tabula Rasa Dezember
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, Touchups = DFS+

Not much to shave this morning after yesterday afternoons shave with the Karve. Onto my next soap and this "croap" shouldn't take too long to finish as its more than half way and super soft. The scent isn't as strong but good performance and decent post shave feel. I'm enjoying the Dragons Blood Serum as when mixed with the Hyaluronic Acid a little goes a long way!

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse
Soap:- RazoRock Irish Countryside
Razor:- Haircut & Shave Co. N075
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Red (1)
Aftershave:- RazoRock Irish Countryside

rYyNhT8.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette rhodium replated L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.