Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20210121-205948.jpg

Brush: RR 26mm Blonde Boar
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass SB + Stinger V1 handle (P&C LE 2019/20 Charity Auction)
Blade: GSB (4)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Coolabah LE
Post: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // AP Reserve Passione A/S splash
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Such a wonderful shave to finish the working week!
Stay Safe & Have A Pleasant Weekend... Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson boar shave brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British Gillette #15 Aristocrat
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (7)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

What a wonderful, smooth way to end the week. Might have to change my avatar soon ...

D2tPFiGl.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson Harvard H1 Best Badger
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Wizamet (17)
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

aXfs37k.jpg

The little Harvard never ceases to amaze how much lather it produces enough for 2 very slick passes plus some.
TBH I don't know if the Wizamet compares to a fresh blade because it was rotated through so many razors but it is still performing very smoothly with just a little drag

sotd.png

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: TOBS Jermyn St Collection
Razor: Razorock GC-JAWS
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea Balm, Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50

Time for a change of scene, the much-neglected JAWS and even more neglected TOBS. I think the latter is really something I'm more likely to use in winter (though I've never had a changeover day), but I'm not sure why. A nice, easy DFS+ from a nice, simple shave.

Pre-shave: Warm Water
Brush: Yaqi - Moka express 26mm 2 band
Soap/Cream: Grooming Department - Lemon Bay
Razor: Rex - Envoy
Blade: Gillette - Minora (9)
Post-shave: Thayers - Witch Hazel Lemon / Stirling - Lemon Chill PS balm

2 pass WTG = DFS+ Another great shave.

The Soap, Grooming Department - Lemon Bay. Scent is strong off the tub and and settles down to mid strength whilst lathering. Scent notes, lemon, bay rum, spices, and cedarwood. This particular soap has donkey milk, duck fat, and lamb tallow as it's base, noting it was very slick. It is quite a strong scented soap off the tub, leaving the lid off fills a room quickly with a very refined and beautiful lemon citrus smell. The lemon scent actually smells like real lemons, not synthetic lemon, the bay rum adds a green accord with a little spice, and the cedarwood I could not detect. Probably why the scent quickly dissipates after the shave.

A fantastic citrus scent with a hint of spice, makes for a great warm weather shave experience.(y)

Y7hDGkq.jpg

Pre: Water
Razor: Henson AL-13 - Medium
Blade: Feather HS
Brush: Oumo 26mm Manchuria fan
Soap: Zingariman - Nomad

Feather seems to be the mild razor improver. Much like how it improved my Merkur 34C, I had a much smoother and closer shave with the Henson this time round, compared to the Astra SP. 2 pass with some buffing. I ended up with a small weeper near the upper lip and decided not to push through with a BBS. Good shave.

heTbYnWl.jpg

Brush: Grizzly Bay with Maggards SHD
Razor: Tatara Hybrid
Blade: Rapira Stainless (3)
Lather: Noble Otter - Orbit - Soap
Post Shave: Noble Otter - Northern Elixir - Aftershave

Mowed the lawn then needed a shave. A cold shave. Trying to kill this tub and gave it a good solid load from the tub. Was rewarded with amazing lather to support the hybrid Tatara today.

Masamune top cap, Nodachi base plate. First pass felt a touch rough which I’m putting down to the Rapira blade, since they are pretty much shit IMO. After that it was smooth sailing and 2 more passes leaving me BBS.

A few small shakes of the Northern Elixir, so I can still see through reasonably clear eyes, and I’m set for the arvo.

heTbYnWl.jpg

Brush: Grizzly Bay with Maggards SHD
Razor: Tatara Hybrid
Blade: Rapira Stainless (3)
Lather: Noble Otter - Orbit - Soap
Post Shave: Noble Otter - Northern Elixir - Aftershave

Mowed the lawn then needed a shave. A cold shave. Trying to kill this tub and gave it a good solid load from the tub. Was rewarded with amazing lather to support the hybrid Tatara today.

Masamune top cap, Nodachi base plate. First pass felt a touch rough which I’m putting down to the Rapira blade, since they are pretty much shit IMO. After that it was smooth sailing and 2 more passes leaving me BBS.

A few small shakes of the Northern Elixir, so I can still see through reasonably clear eyes, and I’m set for the arvo.
Great to see you posting the Tatara but what where you thinking using a Rapira!!! :X3:
Not all bad if you still managed a BBS and that brush looks wicked! o_O

IMG-20210123-153139.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes T-400 + Frank Shaving G4 24/52mm
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Halo handle
Blade: GSB (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Coolabah LE
Post: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Milkman Grooming Summer Waves Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Although not the closest shave things felt smooth and comfortable with a refreshing post shave. Not long until this soap is gone and a little bit of me feels guilty as AP Reserve is as rare as gold these days... :nailbiting:
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Great to see you posting the Tatara but what where you thinking using a Rapira!!! :X3:
Not all bad if you still managed a BBS and that brush looks wicked! o_O
The only Rapira I have left are the Swedish ones. None of the others have been impressive at all. I went through a stage where I wanted to use up some odd blades I have and it coincided with the Tatara. I would also add that I had a loan of a vector recently and that razor is very high on my want list!

Status
Not open for further replies.