Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey mate lovely looking AC razor - is the head compatible with other handles?

edit: answered my own question => https://colonialrazors.com/pages/the-general#:~:text=The General is an Artist Club single edge,Kyle, and rigorously tested and approved by Kirk.
Thanks @chilliman64 . It's very much a favourite, I'll probably purchase the SS version at some stage. It's probably the smoothest AC type razor I've got with the Vector very close behind. I've never even thought of trying other handles as I love the General the way it is.

Do I? Nope. But there's always that $5Bn that needs to be handed out gratis to private business, with no return to the community whatsoever. Just sayin'... :sneaky:

Yeah lots that would be better off in my pocket than them spending it - regardless of the political persuasion

Do I? Nope. But there's always that $5Bn that needs to be handed out gratis to private business, with no return to the community whatsoever. Just sayin'... :sneaky:
I'm really feeling bad for you folks down under. You should move to the U.S where only the rich get taxed and the politicians are completely uncoruptible. :cool:

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: WCS - Tortoise shell 26mm synthetic
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - Timmerman
Razor: Homelike Shaving - Colibri
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (1)
Post-shave: A&E - The Novelist AS / Zingari Man - AS balm

2 pass WTG = DFS+. A very nice daily shave.

The Soap, Wholly Kaw - Timmerman. Scent Strength light to medium off the puck and once lathered. Scent notes, Composition of exotic Oud and Woody notes, complimented with Cashmeran, Cedarwood, Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Labdanum, Elemi, Ginger, Olibanum.

My interpretation of the scent is that this is a dark, spicey, woody oriental scent of masculine accord. Has a kind of an old world feel to it. Though it's dark scent, there is this herbaceous bitterness from the elemi which mixes with the ginger and adds fresh green spicey accord. This is what I feel gives the scent of the soap the needed character to make it a really nice wearable fragrance. No splash at this stage, though will get some later on, as I think this is one of the few Wholly Kaw scents worthy of it. Although a dark accord normally associated for evenings or colder weather, this scent I find would be suitable for daily office/work use if you don't over do it.(y)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Thiers Issard silvertip with natural horn handle
Soap:- Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse
Razor:- Haircut & Shave Co. N075
Blade:- Wizamet (6)
Aftershave:- Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse

bWe7SUh.jpg

day shave
Pre-shave: splash of warm water
Bowl/Scuttle: Timeless shave bowl grey
Brush: FS 24mm synthetic (might be a 26)
Soap/Cream: Traditional Barbers Shave Cream with several drops of glycerine
Razor/Blade: Gillette New with bar handle and Astra SP
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 3-pass on face, 2-pass on neck
Headshave: 1-pass Leaf Razor with 3 shavette blades

a great lather and excellent whisker removal but not an awesome shave in terms of comfort - too much pressure maybe left me feeling a bit raw. also nicked my head with the Leaf, first time for everything I suppose. I've had worse lol.

s.png

Water: Natural dihydrogen monoxide from sky above Great Western Tiers
Pre-shave: Hot water, see above + Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

A very mild shave today. The Proline is so smooth, I had to check it was there. Although I can't argue with the DSBBS result, I do like a bit of blade feel, so I've moved the Proline over to the Vector and dropped in a Feather Pro Super for tomorrow.

s.png

Water: Natural dihydrogen monoxide from sky above Great Western Tiers
Pre-shave: Hot water, see above + Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

A very mild shave today. The Proline is so smooth, I had to check it was there. Although I can't argue with the DSBBS result, I do like a bit of blade feel, so I've moved the Proline over to the Vector and dropped in a Feather Pro Super for tomorrow.

Did you end up with the normal SB or the A Plate?

Interested in your thoughts compared to the OC you swapped.

Did you end up with the normal SB or the A Plate?

Interested in your thoughts compared to the OC you swapped.
I went for the standard plate, since I figured that the differences between the various blades would give me enough choice of aggression. Looks like I was right. This plate with the Proline is similar to the Rocca with a Polsilver/Wizamet, very gentle, easy BBS before you know it.

The OC also gave a great shave, perhaps just a tad more assertive. I was bothered by the pointiness of the prongs on the comb, they were a bit on the sharp side. (Much more than, say, the JAWS.) Nothing to notice on my face, but on my melon where the skin is a bit thinner, it was just a little bit uncomfortable.

Vshod, of course, came through like champions as always. They wouldn't even let me pay the postage, which given that they were perfectly within their rights to say "too bad, fuck off", was more than decent of them.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Lonestar
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #12 ..... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

HUKXg2g.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Soap: Wickham Club Cola
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Floid Mentally Vigorous Aftershave Splash
Scent: Amouage Epic Man

Three passes and a few touch-ups for a BBS result. Wickham Club Cola is one of my favourite scents. The soap lathers easily and produces good quality lather, although for me it lacks a little residual slickness.

I've approximately doubled the menthol kick in the Floid aftershave via addition of menthol crystals - very handy during hot days (38C in Perth today).
The bottle is getting pretty low, but reinforcements have arrived.

H-SOTD (23.02.21)

6093-CB89-D9-BF-4-B3-B-A89-D-1-ADE8-DD0-E140.jpg
Pre-shave: Neutrogena - Hydroboost cleanser
Brush: TF Custom with 26mm Tux Knot
Soap: WFTW - Pomelo
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Black (Shave #1)
Post-shave: Neutrogena - Hydroboost Watergel

Another great contribution from WFTW. Produced a nice thick lather. Smelled like a citrus cocktail. Initial smells of lemon and grapefruit that settle to let the smell of orange and mandarins creep through. Lather itself was nice and thick, with a residual slickness that didn’t feel greasy.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

The end is nigh!

lbDMaO6l.jpg

IMG-20210223-185758.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Manchurian
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.85mm Aggressive Plate
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Alfredus Choic
Post: AP Reserve Bay City A/S Splash // P&B Imperial Rum Solid Cologne // Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50+ lotion
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.