Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
51099710027_64bf594973_c.jpg

Brush: Maggard 24mm SHD two band badger
Razor: Above The Tie Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: Feather (2)
Lather: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux - Weinstrasse

Finally a glimpse of blue sky this morning. I have a few new soaps to try out this week, first one out is Weinstrasse. I liked the scent, it has nice spring/summer feel to it.

Last edited:
Brush: Proraso Omega 28mm Boar
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Tabula Rasa Dezember
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, Touchups = DFS+

Same setup and awesome results...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: DSC - 26mm SHD Geltip Manchurian
Soap/Cream: A&E - Tibetian Temple
Razor: Karve CB - SS SB (F)
Blade: Personna Patinum (6)
Post-shave: A&E - Tibetian Temple AS spash / A&E skin food nourshing cream

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Another nice shave. Great paring of razor and blade to note.

Brush: Fedrihan - 24mm synthetic
Soap/Cream: Grooming Department - Aion
Razor: Razorock - Lupo 95
Blade: Bic - Chrome Platinum
Post-shave: Oleo/Chicago Grooming - Wayoh AS splash / A&E skin food nourishing cream

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Another nice shave. Catching up on my sotd posts.
Joe from Italian Barbers suggestion of the UFO handle with the Lupo was spot on, fantastic shaves so far.

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Chinese No-name from Yaqi Shaving
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

I'm always surprised when these blades shave as well as they do. They're a better match for this razor than the Vector, not sure why. Incidentally, I have a superfluity of them, so if anyone wants to try a few, just hit me up.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson - Special Pure Badger
Soap:- RazoRock Irish Countryside
Razor:- Haircut & Shave Co. N075
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Red (2)
Aftershave:- RazoRock Irish Countryside

nBbfS3W.jpg

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette rhodium replated L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars balm / splash
Fragrance: N/A

ekMM8Jrl.jpg

@TomG which is your favourite Bay Rum shaving soaps? There's so many on the market.
G'day Speedmaster. I only have one Bay Rum soap - Stirling, which I find great. For some reason, when I think Bay Rum, I think aftershave rather than soap - I have at least half a dozen Bay Rum aftershaves.
Happy to hear soap recommendations.

Pre: Shower
Razor: Rocca R95
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mew Brown
Soap: MdC Rose

Did not intend or want to use a feather again in a Rocca after one experience but had to this morning due to having no other blades in my shaving bag. Reluctantly loaded the feather only to be amazed with the results. The Rocca retained its smooth feeling but upped the efficiency a notch or two

What a shave!! so glad I ‘stuffed up’

51101725954_84c3260f5f_b.jpg

Edit: forgot the picture... :facepalm::banghead:
s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: APR Velours Noir sample ((y)@Wilkshire13)
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Last time I used a Proline in the Hawk, I dismissed it as "subdued". Today, that was what I wanted, and it was a perfect choice.

APR has copped a fairly comprehensive bagging from me at times over lack of availability in Australia. It occurs to me that I might be being a bit unfair (but only a little ;)) in so far as they left distribution in the hands of Beard&Blade who are notoriously poor at maintaining stock levels. B&B can have a comprehensive bagging all of its own another time. :D Suffice to say, it's academic since I'm not buying anything at the moment.

This soap is lovely: an easy and quick smooth lather with a scent that is subtle and not so in-your-face as the cruder offerings from (say) Stirling or B&M. This really does smell like new velvet, though I can't say black smells different from any other colour. It exudes quality, and is obviously the work of a perfumer who knows what he's doing.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Orbit
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Wizamet SI #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

CMViLGx.jpeg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Brush: The Stray Whisker Synthetic
Soap: Tabac

First time trying this classic soap and wow! Never had such ease lathering a soap, and the slickness was all there throughout. I seem to be one of the few who neither love nor hate the scent; I find it okay, and you forget about it during the shave anyway. Certainly a keeper.

0Dahe21.jpg

Pre-shave:- 60 Km bike ride, hot shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Fine Accoutrements
Brush:- Semogue 1305 Boar
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter BarrBarr
Razor:- Karve Brass CB SB-F
Blade:- Polsilver SI (1)
Post/After-shave:- 'The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid, RR Emperor splash
Fragrance:- Armaf Club de Nuit Intense

First shave with the SB-F plate; a 36 hour growth which might have been better served by sticking with the OC-D but that was never going to happen! First impressions were that it felt a lot like the Blackbird, plenty of blade forward feel but the gap was front and centre as well. On the second pass it really started to shine and I was able to get those difficult areas where the GC 84p has to give up. Looking forward to trying it with a 24 hour growth as I imagine the gap will not be as noticeable as on the first pass today. The NO is terrific as always. DFS+.

CMViLGx.jpeg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Brush: The Stray Whisker Synthetic
Soap: Tabac

First time trying this classic soap and wow! Never had such ease lathering a soap, and the slickness was all there throughout. I seem to be one of the few who neither love nor hate the scent; I find it okay, and you forget about it during the shave anyway. Certainly a keeper.
Don’t forget to give the old swag a big kiss for keeping your Tabac

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.