Review Shaver heaven aftershave balm Barbershop

Ginge

As most of you know I'm quite impressed with Shaver Heaven soaps so I thought I would give their new Barbershop scented balm a try.
I have been using the balm for just over a week now and find it's not a bad product,firstly the scent is quite light and quickly disappears making it great for those that use an aftershave or cologne.
I apply the balm just before the witch hazel drys and a little bit goes a long way.
The feel on the face is not oily but can be if too much is used,luckily I shave my head so that's not a problem.
I find that the balm is absorbed into the skin quickly and has helped with any slight irritation I may have.
The only problem I could really find is that the lotion is too thick for the bottle it comes in I think a tube container may work better if the balm is to stay at the consistency.
All in all I'm quite happy so far and I would say the bottle would last a good 10 weeks for me ymmv
A great first up try Anthony

Thanks for a top review Ginge. [emoji106] It's always helpful to know what to look out for - especially when it's a great local product.

The only problem I could really find is that the lotion is too thick for the bottle it comes in I think a tube container may work better if the balm is to stay at the consistency.
Can you post a photo please?

I think that packaging is important with balms and is often related to their viscosity (how fluid they are).
A runny balm (I call it a milk) needs a bottle with a squirt top or dabber.
A slow-flowing balm is better in a tube or perhaps a tub or squeeze bottle.
A very thick balm is best in a tub. (Just like a thick facial moisturiser.) It is easier to dab on.

I have several different balms and they are packaged all differently. Some work well and others not so. For milks or lotions controlling the flow is important (like an aftershave). But a thicker balm you don't want to be constantly squeezing and a simple dab from a container is quicker and easier.

I love the Shaverheaven Barbershop soap, I'm on my second tub of it (rare given my collection of soaps to run out).

It was an easy decision to buy the corresponding balm and aftershave once they popped up. I'm a bit disappointed, mainly with the scent. The soap is what I'd call 'impossible to not like' due to the fresh/neutral scent it has. The balm and aftershave have something else going on...in my opinion anyway.

Really like the Shaverheaven stuff though, will continue to support this great Aussie artisan.

Thanks for the feedback @Ginge and @3pass [emoji6] The balms were a thorn in my side for quite some time! I struggled with consistency (and still something I question). The initial consistency were a lot thicker than what I wanted so I thinned it out a bit more to what I thought would be acceptable. Scent wise you are right @3pass there is a bit of a difference as the aftershaves have witch hazel in them which tends to be present on initial application but should die off quite quickly and the balms have various oils in them which can also manipulate the scent. All this feedback is awesome as it allows me to revisit them and see what I can do. I never turn down constructive criticism! [emoji3] Thanks guys all taken on board and I'll see what I can do. As you've probably noticed not much has happened on the balm front as a result, but there will be more traction soon.

I like to put all my products through testers prior to release as it's incredibly unprofessional to put a product out and expect customers to do the testing for you, but, everyone's skin and sense of smell is different so it's a matter of taking on board all the feedback and making an ultimate decision and running with it.

Thanks again guys for both the feedback and the support [emoji2]

Ordered some Barber Shop cream this morning and will wait for the Barber Shop balm to come back into stock.

Ginge, did you find that the balm left your skin moisturised?

Ginge, did you find that the balm left your skin moisturised?
Yes mate it had a nice feel to it without being greasy

Filobiblic sorry I never got to post the photo of the bottle been waiting to get to port to use my own data we are on limited data and speed atm and everything just times out,takes a couple of minute just to get to home page most days.
Well I'll be home tomorrow some time so will post then

cf306dcc-ea79-444b-acce-81580a7a29b4.jpg

There you go Filobiblic finally got there had to open photobucket site and a bit of trial and error