Review Shaver Heaven Forbidden Forest.

Dale.Whiley

2017 Sabbatical
Townsville - postcode is one digit off heaven
Here is the link to the original Forbidden Forest soap (croap) written by @filobiblic. Filo's review was for Version 1 of the soap. My review is for the current version of Shaver Heaven's Forbidden Forest. Once again, @Anthony has truly aced the practicality and functionality of this soap. If you have never had the enormous pleasure of using one of @Anthony's soaps, please, please, please do YOURSELF a favour and visit the Shaver Heaven webpage. @Anthony is an Aussie artisan who's shave soaps are the equal of anything from the "other side of the pond". @Anthony is very approachable, very knowledgeable and a local bloke. What more could you ask for?

I purchased this soap for my wife on @Anthony's advise as it is one of his wife's favourites. I have now used this soap 3 mornings in a row.

Packaging.
A great looking mid to deep blue plastic container as are all Shaver Heaven soaps (samples excluded). Each soap is 150ml of product in a 250ml container. Very practical as this allows a great lather to be worked up without overflowing the container for those who like to lather in the bowl.

The scent on opening.
IMO a strong,sweet floral scent. Being one who likes those bush, vegetation smells I couldn't nail down the scent. The website however describes it as:
It's a lovely twist on traditional lavender. While it does have notes of gorgeous lavender, there are many additional layers to this fragrance! Mandarin, lemon leaf and hearty fern blend in perfect harmony in this scent. Beautiful floral nuances dance on top of crisp citrus notes to help balance out the darker, earthier tones of forest and fern making this a complex and mellow fragrance. Some have even called this a Fougère scented soap.​
If that's what it smells like, it smells great.

Shave was a cold water shave.

Load the Berkeley badger and face lathering.
15-20 seconds of loading the brush (as with all Shaver Heaven soaps) filled the brush enough for a minimum 3-4 passes. The lather was fantastic. Lovely creamy/yoghurty lather that just retains its moisture till the end of each pass.

The proof is in the pudding.
The straight just loves Shaver Heaven soaps and Forbidden Forest is no different. As I mentioned in SOTD, this morning's third use of this soap produced what I believe to be my best shave ever. Everything just "clicked" this morning. Close, smooth, no nicks. what can I say?? Straights; gotta love 'em.

Once again @Anthony, thankyou for showing the world that Aussie artisans are up there with the best. Although I'm still so, so on putting this in my regular rotation (due to the sweet floral scents, though very pleasant) I would visit this soap every couple of months with pleasure and thoroughly recommend the scent (if floral is your thing) and most importantly, this soaps ability to enhance every shave.

Thanks for another top review @Dale.Whiley [emoji106]
Nice to know that Shaver Heaven is going from strength to strength.

Very nice review, indeed!!

Shaver Heaven unfortunately didn't suit my skin. All the soaps I tried (2 soaps and 3 samples) all irritated my face. I was hoping it was only a one-off reaction but it continued soap after soap after soap.
I don't know if it was the fragrance oils in them or one of the soap ingredients...due to this, I'm too wary of trying the unscented one just in case it's the soap ingredients and not the fragrance.

@nav1 Sorry to hear you had a reaction to the soaps! Unfortunately I don't have an "Unscented" version out yet, but it will be soon as a few people have requested it.
Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated!