Shaver Heaven - Samael NEW SCENT

Sounds like a very nice scent, I'd like to smell it to see how dominant the Cedarwood is though as a lot of soaps/creams with that scent have a tendency to be dominated by it at the expense of the other more nuanced notes.

That being said I recently obtained a few of @Anthony soaps and was thoroughly impressed particularly with his Vanilla Oak!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Mark1966 It certainly is a V3. With all the new tallow I won't be putting the V3 in there as that's what it will be going forward.

Thanks for the support guys! Truly appreciate it [emoji4]

Thanks, I can see it on your site here - http://shaverheaven.com.au/samael/

I notice that The scent is by no means "Over the top" or "Cloying" - sounds like a good thing to me ;)

The price is cheaper than the others too - a BARGAIN for a quality soap !

@vanNek I can make up the balms to match if people are interested.
I typically don't make them up as they don't sell as much as the soaps, but happy to make some up if there is interest :)
@Anthony Is it possible to do single bottles (labels not necessary) on request (of existing range like Vanilla Oak, Spiced Mahogany or Samael) or would you have to do a full run?

@vanNek I can make up the balms to match if people are interested.
I typically don't make them up as they don't sell as much as the soaps, but happy to make some up if there is interest :)

I'd pay you up front and well to make me a few bottles of the 'Vanilla Oak' and 'Gone Grapefruit' in a post shave balm after experiencing the excellent results from the 'Summer Breeze' Balm I recently obtained from you.

I don't know how much a full run consists of, but I imagine the ingredients wouldn't be the biggest cost factor as doing one or two bottles would take almost as much time as making a whole batch. So it wouldn't really be economically viable.

I don't know how much a full run consists of, but I imagine the ingredients wouldn't be the biggest cost factor as doing one or two bottles would take almost as much time as making a whole batch. So it wouldn't really be economically viable.

Maybe I was being naive, but thought that he may have some unscented from a previous batch. That being said, I don't know if scent can be added to a finished product (definitely some ignorance on my part). I'm happy to gauge interest if I know what the hurdle rate is :)

Maybe I was being naive, but thought that he may have some unscented from a previous batch. That being said, I don't know if scent can be added to a finished product (definitely some ignorance on my part). I'm happy to gauge interest if I know what the hurdle rate is :)
For all I know it could just be a case of adding the fragrances to the end balm as you suggest.
I hasn't actually considered leftover balm

*sighs - unzips... wallet and pulls out the credit card*
@Anthony Vanilla Oak balm with a hint of menthol would be right up my alley.
Hint equates to less than Arctic Mango balm btw.
If that's possible, add it to my Samuel order :)

Balms have been quite more painful to me than soap making believe it or not! I'm still tinkering with balms as we speak as I wanted to aim for something of a thinner consistency (thinking Natio for Men / Nivea / Myrsol Emulsion). But to no avail as of yet. The balms are quite hard when it comes to suiting a person's skin type, so much so, I thought of making at least 2 types, one for "oily" skin (as I have) and 1 for "dry" skin. Currently as they stand I find that they are highly concentrated, so much so that personally, I only use a few drops.

I have had some great feedback in regards to the balms, and I agree that the balms are sometimes so thick that trying to "squeeze" them out of the bottles is a bit of a pain (oversight on my part), so I may look at introducing "pumps" once I have exhausted all the bottles.

Balms are fairly easy for me to make on a "one bottle" at a time basis (which is what I do for testing), however, when I make them they are usually in batches of 7 or more.
The base for the balms are all the same and fragrance is added at the end, so I could very well make unscented balms and then fragrance them all seperatly once they are ready to go.

With soaps its a little different, as I make the base and then add the fragrance at which point the base is then thoroughly mixed to ensure even distribution of the scent. I have on occasion made "once off" soaps, in which I measure out base soap required and then mix in the fragrance by hand which is not my prefered method as the base tends to start harden which makes it a lot harder to work with.

I have also been looking into Aftershaves yet again, however, I have simplified the formulation to that of "Fine" in which the main ingredients are Water, Alcohol, Fragrance and Menthol (in the particular version I was working with). The concentration I have been working with is that of an EDT, but needless to say it gives quite the "bite" due to high alcohol content but have found that longevity is a lot better than my previous release which had way more ingredients in them. This also lead me on a search for glass bottles, as some of the feedback I got was that it would be good to see them in glass bottles with a dripolator. Unfortunately I was only able to find one local stockist of such bottles, so I may look at still using the plastic bottles (sorry guys) but providing the option of either drippolator or atomizer. I know after using the above aftershave tester that a drippolator would be much better as Menthol + eyes = much burning LOL...

This also lead me on a search for glass bottles, as some of the feedback I got was that it would be good to see them in glass bottles with a dripolator. Unfortunately I was only able to find one local stockist of such bottles, so I may look at still using the plastic bottles (sorry guys) but providing the option of either drippolator or atomizer
I believe New Directions out of Sydney have a wide variety of glass bottles, either in amber or other colours and in a wide array of sizes. Hopefully this might help you @Anthony