Shaving bowls and scuttles

John1946

Have been back at DE shaving for the last few months and I have everything except for a decent ceramic or synthetic shaving bowl or scuttle. I would like to get one that has ribs and/or dimples in the base and sides to make building a lather more efficient. I have seen one site that does them but at extraordinary prices so anyone know of a source for what I want that is not too expensive - the ones I have seen were in the $140 range and I am thinking of something in the $50-$80 range ??

Have been back at DE shaving for the last few months and I have everything except for a decent ceramic or synthetic shaving bowl or scuttle. I would like to get one that has ribs and/or dimples in the base and sides to make building a lather more efficient. I have seen one site that does them but at extraordinary prices so anyone know of a source for what I want that is not too expensive - the ones I have seen were in the $140 range and I am thinking of something in the $50-$80 range ??

Not quite as cool as the Paste & Cut LE 2019 Auction version but - https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/720...ged-shaving-bowl-denim?ref=shop_home_active_2

You could go for a drive and pick it up from her directly!

[if you do get one, please mention P&C :) ]

HG Scuttles are very good. Highly recommended. https://www.shavingscuttlesaustralia.com/store.html
The scuttles can be filled with hot water to keep the lather warm in winter which on really cold mornings is very welcome.

I like a large lathering bowl so the one I use most is a Robyn Bloom shaving bowl from Western Australia.
Kb4if2xl.jpg

A few of us purchased these bowls at the time and they were well priced, I think shipped they would be in your price range. If you're interested in contacting Robyn Bloom Pottery PM me and I'll give you her email contact. Robyn was very good to deal with.

And if you like something a little different I purchased a bowl from a P&C members mum whose name escapes me at the moment. She doesn't make bowls regularly but may on request.
cBkt5VJl.jpg

I can also look out this contact if you're interested. Just PM me.

HG Scuttles are very good. Highly recommended. https://www.shavingscuttlesaustralia.com/store.html
The scuttles can be filled with hot water to keep the lather warm in winter which on really cold mornings is very welcome.

I like a large lathering bowl so the one I use most is a Robyn Bloom shaving bowl from Western Australia.
Kb4if2xl.jpg

A few of us purchased these bowls at the time and they were well priced, I think shipped they would be in your price range. If you're interested in contacting Robyn Bloom Pottery PM me and I'll give you her email contact. Robyn was very good to deal with.

And if you like something a little different I purchased a bowl from a P&C members mum whose name escapes me at the moment. She doesn't make bowls regularly but may on request.
cBkt5VJl.jpg

I can also look out this contact if you're interested. Just PM me.
+1 on the Bloom bowl! :)