Shaving Soaps/Creams - Safety Razor -v- Straight Razor

I ask this in full awareness of my own ignorance: what is all this “sabbatical” talk on here in relation to shaving and/or the P&C forum?
It's simply an acknowledgment that lots of us have more than enough "stuff" to be going on with, so some of us resolve to lay off buying any more for a year. Needless to say, some don't make it.

"I can resist anything except temptation..."

I ask this in full awareness of my own ignorance: what is all this “sabbatical” talk on here in relation to shaving and/or the P&C forum?

A crazy idea that you should stop buying shaving stuff because you have "enough" shaving stuff. I've going to be lobbying for it to be included in DSM-VI ...

A crazy idea that you should stop buying shaving stuff because you have "enough" shaving stuff. I've going to be lobbying for it to be included in DSM-VI ...
The DSM, however, offers nothing to those simply attempting to promote tranquillity and harmony in the home. Mrs Gargravarr is in danger of wearing out the bearings behind her eyeballs with all that rolling... :rolleyes:

I can tell you exactly why they stopped. They were asking $50-$55 per tub which the average Joe could spot as being price gouging a mile away. They only got rid of all their stock recently by dropping them to about $30 which many seen as a bargain and swooped like it was a freebie!

Also, I see something being referred to as “straight shaving” above. Can someone tell me what that is, and how it differs from “shaving”?

Ah, gotcha.

Pretty obviously refers to shaving with a straight razor, as per the thread we are in, as @Gargravarr