Shaving with oil?

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
I don't mean a pre shave oil then lather, I mean actually use oil to lubricate your skin in place of shaving soap.

If you do, which oil do you use? I made a mix of 25% Macadamia, 25% Avocado and 50% Olive oil. I use a small amount on my cheek this evening and was pleased with the result. No pulling and very smooth.

I think someone asked @razorguy about this a while back...

I tried two back when I was cartridge shaving. First was King of Shaves Shave Oil, the second was brought from a market farmer selling essential oils and candles. It had macadamia oil, jajoba oil and wheatgerm oil with vitamin E.
They both gave decent shaves but there was tugging (even with 5 blades) if I let the stubble get too long. Gave it up before I moved to DE.

Tried it one when I was on the carts too. Hated it, never again.

Yes, I concur with the above - many moons back when I used carts I tried the 'King of Shaves' shaving oil. Compared to goo-in-a-can it was ok but it would be a poor cousin to a good shaving soaps lather. Pre-shave soap & shaving oils IMHO add little or no value (as Drubbing said just extra hassles) if your lather is good. However, may be a YMMV thing. :)

I tried sometimes to shave with oils and I admit I like using shaving soap better. Not just because I believe lathering - possibly with a good soap - is part of the pleasure of shaving, but also because it gives you a direct feedback about the spots you did not shave yet, in particular when you do your across and against the grain passes.
Moreover, as water is everything in "wet shaving", when using oils you sometimes neglect that important part of getting your whiskers deep wet all the time, something the soap can do, of course, also depending on the quality of soap.
Although I like using (and making) pre-shave oils - and on this regard, the oil must be made in order not to interfere with lather - I simply believe shaving with oil and no soap is not for me. My opinion, of course.