Shoe care products?

Oh I have so many cheeky responses going through my head at the moment and best I keep them all to myself ;) (y)
Yes they most probably do work better if she's wearing them, but I haven't tried it. I suggest you do. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just feeling more than a little chirpy having just discovered, while scanning some ancient and almost forgotten 35mm negatives, a picture of my then future wife en déshabille on a beach on Serifos in 1986, looking like a total goddess. ❤️

Last edited:
Cheers @lastkey no restorative work just removing scuffs and maintaining the leather
I use Mister Minit Black Shoe Cream to restore the black colour on my kid's scuffed school shoes. Sometimes, I use Kiwi polish. The creams restore the pigment, and wax polish works as a filler. I mostly only use the cream as it restores and nourishes the leather and gives a light shine when buffed. I have observed that the creams last longer on her shoes, while wax polishes need a repolish after a week or so. I use the same cream on my black shoes too. I found it to be good. The only Collonil cream I have is in a neutral colour, which I use where I don't want to change the colour of shoes, mostly browns. I use Collonil's Leather Lotion. For leathers where darkening is not an issue, I use Oakwood Leather Conditioner.

I knew I could rely on P&C to provide advice on quality shoe care products.
I recently purchased this little kit for work and need a shoe polish.
Is the Collonil Classics Shoe Cream ($20) enough to maintain business shoes or shall I opt for Saphir Pate de Luxe ($32)

C3Je3Np.png
Dress shoes?
I only ask because I use different quality products depending on the shoe. Hiking boots Kiwi is fine. Service boots Kiwi parade gloss. Dress shoe (meaning good quality/expensive) I use Sapphir products. Ive also heard good things about Boot Black and Collonil supreme.

Basic care

Some sort of leather dressing conditioning product. I use Saphir Renovateur and RM Williams
A cream every now and then because it has more pigment and a polish to actually shine the shoe. If you have leather soles an edge dressing to keep the edges looking good. I use Fiebings. Amazon has a 2 pack of black/brown, pretty much all you would ever need.

Dress shoes?
I only ask because I use different quality products depending on the shoe. Hiking boots Kiwi is fine. Service boots Kiwi parade gloss. Dress shoe (meaning good quality/expensive) I use Sapphir products. Ive also heard good things about Boot Black and Collonil supreme.
Yes mate good quality Italian leather business shoes plus a few cheaper brogues and oxfords

Bought a 50g tin of Black Collonil Classics Shoe Cream for $20 delivered even though it was only a $10 saving over the Saphir it was also 2/3 of the price