Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Yes, buying the shoes is only the start.

If you get decent shoes you need shoes trees according to most 'experts' such as The Shoe Snob, and Business Insider. Even eBay has a buying guide.

There are a range of options and prices. These are the ones I've been using to date - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-Pair-M...ooden-Stretcher-UK-6-7-8-9-10-11/351386727417

They don't claim to be cedar like many others but I've noticed a lot which say 'cedar wood' and then in the description refer to 'cedar wood fragrance' - so I have my suspicions. Certainly you can get a lot of similar products at around the $25- $30 range which seem acceptable to me.

Thoughts of others?

Arrrrr sure you need them!
Honestly, I only own two pairs of leather shoes (work boots and 'other' boots) they get worn well, and often enough not to warrant that sort of hassle...(assuming it's ever warranted).

Can you educate us on the need for them?

Arrrrr sure you need them!
Honestly, I only own two pairs of leather shoes (work boots and 'other' boots) they get worn well, and often enough not to warrant that sort of hassle...(assuming it's ever warranted).

Yeah I don't have any in my RMW boots - but I do in my higher quality work shoes.

The links in the post provide the rationale for them in terms of moisture and keeping the shoe shape. Along with a decent shoe cream they seem to be the mainstay of care advice from all the manufacturers and on footwear forums/ threads.

Here ya go great for climbing in......... It's Tree isn't it :)
aGBK8CQ.jpg