Single/Flipper/Random slasher

Mitcon

Just thinking about what everyone does throughout the life-cycle of their blade in use. Obviously many of us use a blade repeatedly until no longer servicing us as we'd like, but do you

1: Use it once?

2: leave it in the razor for repeated use until disposal?

3: Take it out after each shave, clean and dry and replace it later for use (random slasher) until disposal?

4: leave it in the razor for a certain amount of shaves then remove and flip and go at it again until disposal?

I'm a random slasher, I remove the blade after each shave, wipe it clean and place it on a magnet on side of my cabinet to dry and then reassemble for another use. So flipping may or may not happen at random my way but I feel I get more shaves from a blade doing this.

Option 2. I just leave it until it grabs, becomes scritchy or having to apply too much pressure.
Sometimes I kick myself for replacing a blade because it has been in the razor for too long 10+ shaves only to realise it was still performing better than the replacement.
I do get a few tea stains as a result of not drying between each shave.

2: leave it in the razor for repeated use until disposal.

Lately that's a week to 10 days.

I don't recommend that for Zamak stuff though.

Option 3. Remove the blade after each shave and return to 'in use' blade magazine (match box) marked with number of uses so I can select blade/razor match for every shave. Except for SE's which, depending on which razor, get dissembled, cleaned and reassembled with same blade.

Option 3. Remove the blade after each shave and return to 'in use' blade magazine (match box) marked with number of uses so I can select blade/razor match for every shave. Except for SE's which, depending on which razor, get dissembled, cleaned and reassembled with same blade.

This sounds a bit like me, except I have no box and just put them back in their slip sleeves and on the bottom of my wall cabinet/mirror. I keep meaning to mark them as so far I have been going by memory which I must admit isn't all that great these days. I need to start marking the sleeve/packet and maybe use a small box as you are, I have a small plastic flip lid box that's not much bigger than a match box and would work good. Ty, think I'll pinch your idea.

When you say "SE" I'm lost? I clean everything after each shave, I'm not real though on the blade itself for obvious safety reasons but I glued a magnet to the side of my mirror which holds them till dry.

This sounds a bit like me, except I have no box and just put them back in their slip sleeves and on the bottom of my wall cabinet/mirror. I keep meaning to mark them as so far I have been going by memory which I must admit isn't all that great these days. I need to start marking the sleeve/packet and maybe use a small box as you are, I have a small plastic flip lid box that's not much bigger than a match box and would work good. Ty, think I'll pinch your idea.

When you say "SE" I'm lost? I clean everything after each shave, I'm not real though on the blade itself for obvious safety reasons but I glued a magnet to the side of my mirror which holds them till dry.
SE (single edge) blades include Artist Club, Gem, and Injector blades.

I use mine for 3 shaves. I loosen the head so the blade is loose, rinse well with warm water, dry the razor with my shave towel, then tighten the head for the next shave. On the final shave I remove the blade then clean the whole razor thoroughly - fundamentally option 2.

I clean and dry razor and blade after each shave. Razor blade is tossed after 3 shaves except for a feather razor blade which is tossed after 2 shaves.

I partially open up the head, blow out excess water and leave the razor in a sunny location between shaves to minimise the time the blade is both wet and in contact with other metal.