Skin care/exfoliation advise

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
do you guys exfoliate before shaving? What do you use.

I am thinking it might help long term? Any thoughts?

I was under the impression that maybe twice weekly tops.
Possibility of micro damage if done too frequently.
Would not do it prior to shaving as the razor itself would be sufficient?

Been using this for a while.

Smells great and is mentholated for a good tingle.

PRORASO FACE EXFOLIATING SCRUB 100ML

proraso-scrub_590x.jpg

I was under the impression that maybe twice weekly tops.
Possibility of micro damage if done too frequently.
Would not do it prior to shaving as the razor itself would be sufficient?
True. Razors exfoliate plenty.

Scrubs are TERRIBLE for your skin. If you want additional exfoliation, you want a chemical exfoliator.
It is milder and more consistent.
Like The Ordinary: Glycolic Acid toner

Yeah, I'm definitely not looking to remove anymore skin apart from shaving. Obviously you don't shave your whole face so occasionally additional treatment may provide benefit. I use zeolite and bentonite (separately) in some of the hand/bath soaps I make. Zeolite gives a nice light scrub.
Also if you've ever tried epsom salts in your bath for muscle relax, it's worth trying a bentonite bath. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup bentonite in bath. Makes a mess and you need to shower afterward but it's worth it for the benefit, excellent for sore tire muscles. Make slurry in separate container first and gradually add water to make a very dilute slurry before adding to bath otherwise it looks like you've emptied the cat litter tray into the bath (disclaimer - just guessing, haven't actually tried that, the cat litter that is) and you spend the bath time trying to break up the clumps. My understanding is the hydrated bentonite particles carries a strong negative charge which is excellent for drawing toxins from body.