So, model T.. what do you think?

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
So it took 3 years, In my life became a father and lost my own father in this time, family moved states and returned home and I have been through a few jobs too and Rockwell, well, Rockwell managed to fairly crudely copy a gillette from 70 years ago.
Frankly, I like it... sure the build quality isn’t perfect, nor is the finish, loading a blade takes more turns of the knob than is normal and the action isn’t smooth but to shave with, the thing is pretty darn good, I find it to be oddly aggressive.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Straight forward answer the head is too fat for me, and, I couldn't shave WTG and XTG under my nose and I hate to go ATG otherwise I could end up becoming the Lord Voldemort

I've sold it because of the head being too fat.

tenor.gif

So it took 3 years, In my life became a father and lost my own father in this time, family moved states and returned home and I have been through a few jobs too and Rockwell, well, Rockwell managed to fairly crudely copy a gillette from 70 years ago.
Frankly, I like it... sure the build quality isn’t perfect, nor is the finish, loading a blade takes more turns of the knob than is normal and the action isn’t smooth but to shave with, the thing is pretty darn good, I find it to be oddly aggressive.
What do you guys think?

I bailed - sorry

Straight forward answer the head is too fat for me, and, I couldn't shave WTG and XTG under my nose and I hate to go ATG otherwise I could end up becoming the Lord Voldemort

I've sold it because of the head being too fat.

tenor.gif
You will note the dark lords shave is on point.

I was pretty disappointed with the zinc alloy thing too.. that said the Gillettes of zinc are still here 50 years on... still feels like they cheaped out.

Gillette did do zinc alloy top caps on a two & three piece razor. But never did their TTO bay doors in zinc alloy. If they did none would certainly be around today. :oldman:
certainly?
Nah not certainly... I suspect there’s more pressure on a threaded zinc top cap than the silly floppy doors.

Still waiting for mine.
I got in at the US$99 price point so I'm hoping it's at least as good as the 6S, which was also US$99 and is all stainless.

Yep, still waiting for mine, too. Hopefully it'll ship some time in May (I don't believe they'll have it sent off this month).

I've been using my 6C with the #3 plate for a little while, and I definitely need to up the aggression - it's just not that enjoyable to use. Might crack out the #5 tomorrow and see if it's a bit more fun.

Yep, still waiting for mine, too. Hopefully it'll ship some time in May (I don't believe they'll have it sent off this month).

I've been using my 6C with the #3 plate for a little while, and I definitely need to up the aggression - it's just not that enjoyable to use. Might crack out the #5 tomorrow and see if it's a bit more fun.

Tried #3 this morning on the model T, and had slightly more blade feel and efficiency than #3 on the 6S. Probably sitting at #4. Angle was about the same, but this was only my first use.

Still waiting for mine.
I got in at the US$99 price point so I'm hoping it's at least as good as the 6S, which was also US$99 and is all stainless.

Initial thoughts on receiving, 6S will last for many, many years. This one won't last as long. Finish is better with the model T at this stage, and will be interesting to see how long the plating lasts (and if Rockwell continues to honor product quality promises).

First shave was good, but too early to really make any substantial comments. Will update as time goes one.

Tried #3 this morning on the model T, and had slightly more blade feel and efficiency than #3 on the 6S. Probably sitting at #4. Angle was about the same, but this was only my first use.

Initial thoughts on receiving, 6S will last for many, many years. This one won't last as long. Finish is better with the model T at this stage, and will be interesting to see how long the plating lasts (and if Rockwell continues to honour product quality promises).

First shave was good, but too early to really make any substantial comments. Will update as time goes one.

How your nose? did you managed to shave under your nose going WTG and XTG???

I don’t find it hard to get under the nose at all personally

Initial thoughts on receiving, 6S will last for many, many years. This one won't last as long. Finish is better with the model T at this stage, and will be interesting to see how long the plating lasts (and if Rockwell continues to honor product quality promises).

Nice! Looking forward to your further thoughts.

My Progress from 2012 is still going fine and it's full zamac so I'm not too concerned about durability on the model T. Especially since the main failure point is the top cap threading, which doesn't impact the model t.

Question, isn't the thread brass on the top cap of progress? So only zinc alloy in it is the top cap and guard, yes?