Sour beers

Gimli

No beer bogans allowed. Well, here I am!

Recently got into sour beers, notably a sour by local Colonial Brewing Co. Also the Tinnies Raspberry Sour and Boston Afterglose. Sitting here as we speak with a carton of Colonial Sour

Who is a sour drinker and what do you recommend?

Spurs aren’t really a thing in Canberra yet- our locals are big on pale ale and some IPA/XPA.
I’d love to see some variety..

Sours aren't my first choice but there's a few good ones from the local breweries here in Wellington.
  • The Juice by Boneface Brewery
  • Electric Dry Hop Acid Test by Garage Project
Garage Project is available in Australia so give it a shot if you find it.

Sours aren't my first choice but there's a few good ones from the local breweries here in Wellington.
  • The Juice by Boneface Brewery
  • Electric Dry Hop Acid Test by Garage Project
Garage Project is available in Australia so give it a shot if you find it.

Beer Cartel are out of stock of the Garage Project and they don't have anything by Boneface. I'll take a care package :p

Spurs aren’t really a thing in Canberra yet- our locals are big on pale ale and some IPA/XPA.
I’d love to see some variety..

Don't mind some XPAs. Tinnies Tropical XPA isn't too bad.

The Pirate Life Acai & Passionfruit sour is a bit funky, quite tart

I usually brew one Saison a year. It's always difficult to time as to get the feement up to 30° over a period of time. Seems crazy but back shed beer in summer gets it done. We bottle it in champagne bottles and age it at least 6 months.

Beer Cartel are out of stock of the Garage Project and they don't have anything by Boneface. I'll take a care package

Try garageproject.com.au

Haha we're on a month long covid lock down so I'll be needing a care package myself!

Try garageproject.com.au

Haha we're on a month long covid lock down so I'll be needing a care package myself!

Just put some beers in my cart and this popped up

"Your order

*Free shipping on all orders over $100!

Currently only shipping to: VIC, NSW, QLD, ACT & SA.

Apologies to our friends WA, NT & TAS"

No beer for me :'(

Just put some beers in my cart and this popped up

"Your order

*Free shipping on all orders over $100!

Currently only shipping to: VIC, NSW, QLD, ACT & SA.

Apologies to our friends WA, NT & TAS"

No beer for me :'(

Well that sucks! Sorry to cause disappointment!

I'm a sour beer but but I really struggle to find good ones.most of the local craft sours are kettle soured and not all that interesting or complex.i have had some proper mixed ferment sours that were good but even that can be a mixed bag but red duck out of Camperdown has made some crackers.for a sour beer that tastes as it should cantillon is no1 but hard to get these days and boon is a lot easier to find and still really good as is gueze tilquin