Speick

FWIW, I think Speick products are strong contenders for best value for money shaving requisites on the market...

Haha @stillshunter, I thought for a moment you were talking about my face, but you have no idea what it looks like...

Out of interest, I think Value For Money can be expressed as a simple equation :

VFM = (Quality x Quantity)/Price

Which is why I think Speick rates highly - the quantity for money is perhaps a tad above average, but the Quality is very high which makes for a very high final score. Arko on the other hand looks good from the Quantity for Price point of view, but is shot down for people like us by having a piss poor Quality score..

Haha @stillshunter, I thought for a moment you were talking about my face, but you have no idea what it looks like...

Out of interest, I think Value For Money can be expressed as a simple equation :

VFM = (Quality x Quantity)/Price

Which is why I think Speick rates highly - the quantity for money is perhaps a tad above average, but the Quality is very high which makes for a very high final score. Arko on the other hand looks good from the Quantity for Price point of view, but is shot down for people like us by having a piss poor Quality score..
ORLY! *raises eyebrow*
Don't mistake a questionable scent with lack of performance.
If it was to use Jermyn St's scent from the TOBS range, folks would be positively fawning over it at any given chance (with the occasional exception like @filobiblic )

Well that's a big part of the Quality variable in the equation @borked - who wants to walk into the bathroom first thing in the morning and cover their face in something they really don't like the smell of? That's not a good customer experience :sick::sick::sick:

ORLY! *raises eyebrow*
Don't mistake a questionable scent with lack of performance.
If it was to use Jermyn St's scent from the TOBS range, folks would be positively fawning over it at any given chance (with the occasional exception like @filobiblic )

Agree completely mate - if they used a fragrance that was actually appealing, they would kill it. Look at Proraso for example (y)

Well that's a big part of the Quality variable in the equation @borked - who wants to walk into the bathroom first thing in the morning and cover their face in something they really don't like the smell of? That's not a good customer experience :sick::sick::sick:

Agree completely mate - if they used a fragrance that was actually appealing, they would kill it. Look at Proraso for example (y)

Or even ARKO!!!!!

Lol @gthomas04 - the argument goes full circle :) That's why I qualified the ARKO quality thing with "people like us" (@stillshunter and myself).

Man, if you like the scent of Arko it's going to wipe the floor with everytrhing in sight as far as Value For Money goes (y)

It's interesting isn't it - fragrance seems to be the most personal and subjective thing of all when it comes to soaps, creams, balms etc. And also the most difficult to describe to another person...

It's interesting isn't it - fragrance seems to be the most personal and subjective thing of all when it comes to soaps, creams, balms etc. And also the most difficult to describe to another person...
So true!

Somewhat true, yet to me at least, I view it as personal preference, as if you have used it and not a fan of the scent, will you also deny it performs far beyond the expectation for what it is employed to do at that price point?

@borked, I certainly didn't deny that - just tried to make the point that a scent that is unpleasant to someone will drag down the perceived quality of the product.

And I was at pains to make the point that if you do like the scent of Arko, it's going to absolutely triumph in the VFM department.

and I do concede that a scent can make or break a grooming product :)