Suggestions for a cheap aftershave?

lenard

I will be needing some more soon and I am on a budget. Starting to wish I had ordered one of those big bottles of Tabac back when FragranceX had the free shipping. Any suggestions for a cheap splash/balm/cream? I was thinking of trying the Proraso Pre-Post as a few local barbers still have this in stock or maybe some Arko from Bestshave.net.

Cheers, Len.

Not sure about the availability of the brand there but in the US, Pinaud - Clubman Aftershave Lotions come in a number of old style barbershop fragrances at a reasonable price. My favorite brand.

Clubman is pretty much a 'bad' old AS. Nothing but alcohol, water and smellie. Ok if using a balm as well.

I'd recommend the proraso splash or balm, or the speick.

Given Arko soap smells like a chemical explosion in a piss factory, I wouldn't be going near any AS they make...

Re: Clubman. You're right... But it does bring back the memories of those 50's 'crew cuts'!
Agree with the Balm. Should alway use a moisturizer after any AS.

Len, if you're in Melbourne by any chance, Mediterranean Wholesalers on Sydney Rd in Brunswick have a good selection of Proraso stuff usually a small amount cheaper than what I'm seeing online.

Last edited:
Len, if you're in Melbourne by any chance, Mediterranean Wholesalers on Sydney Rd in Brunswick have a good selection of Proraso stuff usually a small amount cheaper than what I'm seeing online.

I am in Adelaide. I ended getting some Proraso Pre Post from a local barber, I hacked my face up pretty bad with a Gem. I needed something in a hurry as my Brut did SFA to relieve the burn, the Proraso is good stuff.