Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I finished off the last of my original formula Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol Soap and After Shave Lotion with Menthol earlier in the year pretending that it was still summer.

All I have left in the soap/cream department are:

Cella
P.160 Tipo Morbido
P.160 Tipo Duro
T&H 1805
T&H Trafalgar
Tabac
La Toja
Euro Palmolive (not used yet)
Erasmic (not used yet)

and a couple of other little bits and pieces. None of the ones I have in the current rotation really feel like a summer soap/cream. Should I just get some more Proraso? Is the new formulation better or worse?

Maybe I should give the La Toja more of a run (I've got it as my travel one at present) but I'm still not sure it has quite the same feel. Any other suggestions for a default summer combo?

Tabac cream does it for me as a summer job. Floral scent rather than menthol. But you Proraso users are pretty loyal so I suspect you'll be getting that anyhow. How about some Valobra Menthol? That's pretty mentholy. Can't help you with the AS.

Last edited:
Amongst others I have a Lime from Mike's Natural Soaps coming that'll be a good warmer months soap. I'd also highly recommend the lemongrass & eucalyptus for this and also the peppermint & rosemary.

I doubt you'll find better scents or soaps and the price is on par with the mass produced stuff.

Haven't really hit a hot summer yet to shave in.

I think that Arko is a pretty fresh scent if your into that kinda thing?

+ 1 on what PJ said, I could see myself hitting the Tabac as it gets warmer.

But in all honesty......can you really go wrong with Prosaro?

Check out the pharmacist in Civic (inside the shopping center) I got a tub of old formula there earlier this year.... Decent price too!

I still have 85% of a tube of the previous formulation..... send me your T&H 1805!!!!

And yes, I think it a fair swap :p

Mine if the Tabac stick - I can't imagine it as a summer soap. Definitely a winter one IMHO.

Civic for Proraso - thanks Michael. Not sure if I want the old or new formula. I've been through my Arko phase. Works well and the scent I can put up with BUT why bother when there are nicer ones around.

RM - sure think on the swap BUT you would have to buy my matching 1805 aftershave ....

Nick - I'm not into Limes but are you saying that the Mike's natural soaps are now 'approved' ?

Pete - Valobra Menthol - hmm, might be an idea ...

........Pete - Valobra Menthol - hmm, might be an idea ...

I still have some left from a bit that Drubbing gave me yonks ago to try out. I can flick it to you in an envelop. I'm not really in to the menthol stuff. Great lather. Soft soap, but you're not called Mar(c)o for nothing.

I still have some left from a bit that Drubbing gave me yonks ago to try out. I can flick it to you in an envelop. I'm not really in to the menthol stuff. Great lather. Soft soap, but you're not called Mar(c)o for nothing.

That would be cool - PM incoming!

More Proraso.

I rate it very highly. Not just because it's cooling in summer (where the muthafkinspaz is it?), but it's also a damn good cream. Or soap.

More Proraso.

I rate it very highly. Not just because it's cooling in summer (where the muthafkinspaz is it?), but it's also a damn good cream. Or soap.

LOL - why did I know that Drubs would say that?

I use the soap although have the new red cream.

So new or old formulation Drubs?

Nick - I'm not into Limes but are you saying that the Mike's natural soaps are now 'approved' ?

Haha you're not one for reading updated threads now then are you? :amuse:

But yes, definitely got to the bottom of extracting a good lather in the end - seemed vulnerable to using hot water and also not giving it enough to drink as one lathers. Best soap I've used by far for making your skin feel sensational after use (seriously feels like someone's put you under and moisturised your face when you weren't looking) - most soaps do seem to at best keep your face feeling about the same level of hydration/softness but MNS improves it noticeably.

I think I've got 5 coming for myself - Mong has 3. Should be here early next week. All other things aside there's no way anything else (apart from perhaps some artisan stuff) smells even vaguely as good as these, with no exaggeration the samples were so nice you'd almost want to just keep smelling them like they were bloody candy!

Compare this guys prices to other artisan soap makers(Mystic, QCS) and he's a real steal - its clearly kind of a hobby/side money spinner while he's still a uni student - so I don't think they'll be this price for much longer.

LOL - why did I know that Drubs would say that?

I use the soap although have the new red cream.

So new or old formulation Drubs?

I haven't tried the new one yet. Have you checked with Marco? It probably cured his grandfathers cancer...

Civic for Proraso - thanks Michael. Not sure if I want the old or new formula. I've been through my Arko phase. Works well and the scent I can put up with BUT why bother when there are nicer ones around.

No dramas.

Fair call on the Arko.....

Looks like it's a mentholated summer ahead then :p

Arko with Speick balm is my warmer weather combo for the moment. Very good results.

I haven't tried the new one yet. Have you checked with Marco? It probably cured his grandfathers cancer...

DUH - silly me. But was that the old or the new formulation that did it?

Haha you're not one for reading updated threads now then are you? :amuse:

But yes, definitely got to the bottom of extracting a good lather in the end - seemed vulnerable to using hot water and also not giving it enough to drink as one lathers. Best soap I've used by far for making your skin feel sensational after use (seriously feels like someone's put you under and moisturised your face when you weren't looking) - most soaps do seem to at best keep your face feeling about the same level of hydration/softness but MNS improves it noticeably.

I think I've got 5 coming for myself - Mong has 3. Should be here early next week. All other things aside there's no way anything else (apart from perhaps some artisan stuff) smells even vaguely as good as these, with no exaggeration the samples were so nice you'd almost want to just keep smelling them like they were bloody candy!

Compare this guys prices to other artisan soap makers(Mystic, QCS) and he's a real steal - its clearly kind of a hobby/side money spinner while he's still a uni student - so I don't think they'll be this price for much longer.

Must have missed the update in all the excitement - I'll go back and check. So I have to get some it seems ....

Oh good, it's out. Drubbing tried the Blue AS and was not impressed.

Oh good, it's out. Drubbing tried the Blue AS and was not impressed.

Only by the smell, which was plasticy. It works well, but I only use it as a moisturising balm. It's not oil or greasy and is good for summer. I'd give the cream a go, but I've got enough Proraso atm.