alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Time flies by so quickly - it is again time for our Adelaide meeting!

When: Sunday 9.August
Time: 2pm
Where: Cafe Becco - corner The Parade and Osmond Tce Norwood

As always @bald as , @khun_diddy and myself will be present with the optional @boldsworth - of course we would love other members (and non-members) to join - hope to see you there!

Yes they should!

Was great fun as usual today. Good discussion and merchandise.

@boldsworth brought along some truly unbelievable razors and loaned me a Schick D Type. Wow, what an absolutely gorgeous razor! I didn't have much fun with the E Type when I tried it but it seems that I may have killed the edge on loading. Steve showed me the proper precautions to take when loading the blade so I look forward to revisiting the world of injectors this week.

Also very excited to have my first shave with the @bald as MdC unscented clone. I've just given it a test palm lather. I reckon it's the most thirsty soap I have ever used. It's quite different from the other formulations from Steve that I've tried thus far.

Was very encouraging to hear that P&C's resident chemist @alfredus is making some inroads into the soap making game too.

I totally agree with @khun_diddy - it was a fantastic meet-up!!! Although it will be a while before my soap making endeavours...

I am also very excited trying out @bald as MdC unscented clone...together with my first Simpson - a gorgeous CH-1 in Super very kindly loaned by @boldsworth !!!

What a great way to spend a Sunday arvo. The knowledge and generosity of these blokes and the shaving community in general is something quite rare and astounding. I always come away feeling inspired. I don't need to shave tonight but bugger it i will hahaha. There are so many things i want to try, including the @bald as soap and the injector blades from @khun_diddy. I've lost some motivation to try the king oscillator after reading some reviews however :p
Thanks again to the usual suspects and again urge any other Adelaide folk to come along next time.

These meet ups of yours sounds terrific! I'd love to join in... but live so far away. Perhaps one day...